Sunday, July 16, 2023

It's Shadow's Turn

Shadow was a bit mad at me
for doing a post about Tundra.
Am sure you could hear the meows all
over the country. :-)


So I promised Shadow I would do a post about him
this month when he turned 10.
We do not know the actual day he was born,
as he was a wild kitten that my c0-worker found.
Our vet did confirm he would have been born
in July, so we celebrate his birthday this month.

Our granddaughter named him
as he was always following our other
kitty at the time.
She said since he is Pepper's Shadow
can we call him that?
Why yes that was a perfect name.

He he is posing with a kitty I created.


On our guest bed.
This is the quilt Bob sold on me...
which was supposed to be just a display at the time
at our antique store.
He sold it for $50.
To this day I give him grief about this,
and  I wont give him anything from home to
use in displays ever again.


He is a scaredy cat.
Anyone who comes over except my mom,
will never see him.

He is a beautiful gray kitty!
Peepers his former sidekick on the right.

Happy Birthday Shadow!
Now we are even ok?

In other news, Friday night my mom's
tornado siren in town went off.
A tornado touched down 15 miles
to the South of her on the road my paternal
gramma moved to after selling her farm. 
It rained pretty hard here, but no storms.

Yesterday Bob ad I went to his cousin's
wife's surprise 60th birthday party.
His one cousin flew in from Utah to be there
and it was nice to see him and his wife.
He is a very successful eye surgeon out there. 
The last time we saw him was when he 
came in by himself for a funeral,
so this was a happy time now.
I tried to add his URL to this post, but it 
wont let me.
If you would like to read about him,
you can look him up.
www.zioneye.com
He is out of St. George, Utah.
He has to drive through a mountain pass
to get to and from his offices.
If there is an accident, there is no other 
way around it...but he did say the state is
beautiful!

Well have to get ready to work the gift shop.
Bob will be working the antique store.

Shadow Blessings To All!
Janice






 

11 comments:

  1. Tornadoes scare the bejesus out of me. Some have landed in towns not far from me and once I had 80mph straight line winds which blew over those two huge trees in my yard. So my heart goes out to the folks there who endured the siren and subsequent damage. Happy birthday Shadow; that was the name of one of my dogs since she shadowed us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....happiest of birthday wishes Shadow kitty!! He so looks like a cat I had - his name was Trouble and he did his very best to live up to his name. He lived to be 21. I'm glad your mother was safe from the tornado. So far it has been a relatively quiet tornado season here - hope it stays that way. Having experienced 3 up close and way too personally, I don't care to go through another. Have a good day! ~Robin~ (PS, I wouldn't let Bob live down the quilt thing either. Yikes.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday month shadow!
    We are under a tornado watch hear
    We never get them the world has gone crazy.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Shadow! He's a beautiful cat!
    That quilt was also beautiful, what a shame it was sold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shadow is very pretty. Bob!!! I'd give him grief too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Shadow! Remind mom to give you extra treats.
    Utah is a beautiful state. I would love to go back!
    Oh, Bob. Leave it to a guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Shadow, you are beautiful.
    Ha... the story about Bob selling the quilt... goodness me, I would give Bob grief too. Oh dear. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shadow is so pretty...yes, he deserves his very own post! Tornado sirens are frightening...we try to keep ready so we can head to the basement quickly to stay safe. So far this summer, we haven't heard any. It must have been great to have family & friends there for the party! Utah is nice, very different from the Midwest...gorgeous mountains. ( I graduated from BYU in Provo, Utah)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday to Shadow. He looks pretty special.
    Shame on Bob for selling that beautiful quilt on you while you were away.
    Now he'll have to be on the lookout for a replacement.
    Take care, Hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful kitty! Happy Birthday Shadow! We've had a few tornados here too and rain the last couple of days. My grass is as green as Spring but the humidity and also the smoke from Canada has me hanging indoors. The mosquitoes are a pain too! I guess I'm just kind of ready for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to Shadow, love his name and what a handsome kitty. wow I would have been very unhappy to have a quilt sold and for only $50.00 wonder why he came up with such a low figure-stuff happens.
    I live on Lake in the Ozarks in Missouri and we have been in a drought the last couple of months. allot of bad storms around me but thankfully we have been missed-getting rain now though-since we started a landscape project haha
    hugs from the Lake Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.