Thursday, June 22, 2023

Strawberry Season

Many of my blogging friends have been
posting about strawberries.
One of my favorite spring fruits.
I am not going to tease you with real berry pics,
just some which were created using
different mediums.



First off these crocheted ones I made.
In white.


Almost ripe in pink.


Red ripe ones.


Don't they look cute?


I will be selling these soon at the gift shop.
Packaged in three.


Next up my fabric strawberries in a berry bucket.


These are my personal ones.
I sold these a few years ago at the store.


Finally I recently purchased these coverlet ones.


Each one was a different size.
I so love these in my wood bowl for Spring.


Our strawberries sign went to the antique store.
I have had this for over 10 years.
Never figured out where to hang it in the house.
It is a 2 sided sign.
I decided to let it go and let someone else enjoy it.
It is an old one.


These fabric strawberries were from a giveaway.
I don't remember who made these,
so if you are still blogging, please let me know.
So many blogging friends have stopped blogging.


The back side of the strawberry jam.

Well folks,
these are my strawberries.

In other news,
I am beyond livid with the View.
They slammed their tone deaf comments
regarding the sub that went missing.
I wonder if their view would have been different
if they had a family member or friend on board.
How can anyone still watch this show? 

This Biden economy simply sucks too.
More folks are losing their homes, cars
because they cannot afford the prices.
We are suffering too.
Our gift shop sales are down now 85%.
I cannot blame anyone but this administration.
We are not a need to have store,
and folks cannot spend much money anymore.
It really sucks because lately we are just paying
our bills and worker with no profit.
I am no longer ordering much.
Already paid for Halloween and Christmas,
but id things dont get better, we will 
go out of business the first of the year.
Am hoping and praying we sell soon...
but given the economy I dont think anyone
will want to buy a small business right now.
More and more stores are going 
out of business in town.

Well enough of  my rant.
Have to get my butt back to my desk to work.

Strawberry Blessings To All!
Janice







8 comments:

  1. I cannot stomach listening to voices of The View for even a minute, This administration has done more damage to the US than any president I can remember. Praying Trump gets back in to restore America again and praying you don't lose your business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet, strawberries. I have been wanting to do a couple cross stitch ones, but hasn't happened yet. I do not watch The View, nor have I heard about comments made there, but have seen some floating about who are saying that these "billionaires" essentially got what they deserved. Only heartless morons with no souls or empathy would dare be so ruthless. I hope and pray, too, that things turn around and that your sales go through. It is sorry, sad and worrisome times we are in for sure. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crocheted strawberries and the fabric covered ones are cute. I'd buy them..
    I refuse to watch the View. They make me mad and why put myself through that.
    I agree with you on our economy. We've seen a few small businesses go under since the pandemic. Just sad. I do hope and pray that things can improve but on some days, it just seems hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that things are going to get much worst before they get better. I've been saying this for the last three years and unfortunately, I think that I'm right. There is always hope but the future is looking pretty rocky as nothing is getting better. It's getting scary and I really feel bad about small businesses including yours. It's the same for farmers. We are selling a lot less hay since a lot of farmers have sold their animals and many horse lovers people have had to get rid of their horses too. It's just so sad.

    On a sweeter note, your little strawberries are just the sweetest things. You are a master at crocheting objects. I hope that things will turn around. We have an *** **** for our leader of our country too. ☹️

    Hugs, Julia


    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a little local grocery store, and they had local strawberries for 12.99 a quart NOPE but I do like your little
    fabric ones.
    I never watch the view so I cannot comment. But I do think there has to be a conversation on recovery of these Multi- million adventures. They need to build in recovery/ search money too like insurance. There will be more and more of this kind of thing in the future. No need for the public to pay for all searches and recovery.
    I am so so sorry about your store it makes me very sad. I know when I left my bookstore we were up by 15% great considering they are ripping up the roads in front of it for new water and sewer pipes. Not sure what will happen this summer.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quit watching the View years ago when Barbara Walters was still there. I cannot stand Whoopi Goldberg who makes the dumbest comments and shows that she doesn't have a clue about the topics. I'm so sorry about your cute store! Our downtown area is looking great but it is hard for those small businesses to keep up the sales. I think we rely on tourist trade and there are many activities planned to draw the crowds downtown. This weekend is our big balloon festival but it's more of a balloon bust with all the rain that's falling. That really hurts the economy and all the food trucks hoping to feed hungry crowds and make a profit. Our strawberry season was a bust too. A late frost in May killed the blossoms. No strawberry jam this year. I'm hoping my raspberries do well so I can make them into jam. Have a good weekend and I hope someone sees the store and buys it. I love the strawberries and the sign too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable strawberries, and love that old sign...coming to Ohio, when/where?!

    Could you give us a little gift shop/antique shop tour...you never know when one of us just spot something that needs a home! (Do you ship?) Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I love your strawberries, thank you for sharing all the styles from fabric to crochet.
    And you know I agree with you regarding this administration. My heart aches for our nation.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.