Wednesday, June 14, 2023

June CupboardScape

Today is Flag Day.
It disturbs me when I hear Patriotism
has gone by the wayside.
We should all honor our flag and what it represents.
Freedom should NEVER be taken for granted.
Growing up my dad flew his flag every day
except when it rained or snowed.
He put it up in morning & took it down
by sunset.

Today in honor of Flag Day,
today's CupboardScape is all about flags.
Starting with my favorite flag pictutre.
 

George and Martha Washington
are on the right in this picture along
with our flag.
Wonder how many of the younger
generation even know who our
first president was?


Another flag.
This pillow I created 
from fabric and muslin
then stained. 


Finally our grand old flag in all her glory.
Actually this is a 48 star vintage fabric one.


Long may it wave!

In other news,
our friend up the river actually had a boat
of illegals come across from Canada.
The boat stopped at his dock.
When his security cameras went off,
he went outside immediately and asked the
boat operator what he was doing.
Three men and two kids got out with suitcases
and of course could not speak English.
Our friend called Border Patrol asap
and was told they were too busy to come out.
Then a truck pulled into his yard.
He then called the state police on speaker.
Once the individuals heard the police they ran
to the truck and left their suitcases.
The truck was long when the police arrived,
but at least he was able to provide them with
both the boat license and the truck one.
The next day he drove to the Border Patrol
office and spoke to a manager.
The manager told him he was not even aware
of this situation and would review the taped call.
Not that it will change anything,
but for those who live here along the river
we would think Border Patrol would come out 
since we are not like the Southern border.


We will not know about Bob's sleep study
for a bit. This is is second one. It took them
2 months to have him come back in for this one.
We do know he has sleep apnea.
Guess this test will determine what machine
will be needed.
Thanks for your concern.
Much appreciated.

Patriotic Flag Blessings To All!
Janice


8 comments:

  1. God Bless America!!! People need to wake up and realize there is no better place on earth to live and they need to STOP trying to destroy it. If they don't love it here, get the hell out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to be very patriotic. It's very refreshing.

    What an appalling situation about the border patrol...
    I think that nothing is secured anymore. It's everyone for himself, nobody seem to give a darn when it comes to the security of the nation. Nothing is like it used to be, not in America and not in Canada.

    Happy Flag Day.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am so thankful you shared the story about the illegals. They are coming from all directions. I agree with what Julia said, nothing is like it used to be. How quickly it fell apart. So sad.
    Happy Flag Day and thank you for the love of our country.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long may Old Glory wave. What a wretched story of your neighbor's experience. Border patrol in Michigan is "too busy"??? What the heck?! Funny how so many want to come to a country and so many who live in that country have nothing good to say about it. SMH ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. God Bless our America. We need to Make America Great Again. The Biden open border is out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Bob's sleep study comes back OK. I've been MIA for a bit but hopefully getting back into things slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patriotism is very dear to my heart - I love our country and our history and I get sad how things are today.

    Wow so you illegals crossing the Canadian border as well? We never hear about that. The border on both sides are not being monitored and only God knows, who is coming here and from where. One day, (and I hope I am wrong) it might come back to bite us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to see the red, white, & blue...I don't see as many flags on homes as I used to, but I hope that will change, I see "cutesy" flag images instead...it's so important to display the original flag, in all it's glory. (down from my soapbox now) Love, as always, your cupboardscape inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.