Sunday, June 18, 2023

A Happy Life


My dad always said~
 Life is what you make it.
I dont splurge on many things,
except for primitive antiques. LOL
However when I do,
 I make sure I save up my money.
I am not one to wear jewelry.
I purchase only the clothes I need.
When I first saw this Cross Stitch pattern,
I knew it was meant for me.
 

I wanted this piece to look more primitive,
so I chose to stitch this on Onasburg.
*** Note to self ***
NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.
The holes on Onasburg are not like linen.
It took me forever to complete this it seems...
There are mistakes, but only I know where they are.
Again since this is my primitive piece,
it did not need to be perfect.
Thank goodness.

This pattern came from Notforgotten Farm.


This saying is so much how I feel.


I had initialing intended on stitching this
on 14 ct Aida cloth.
Changed my mind though as you will see.
I did use most of the embroidery floss 
colors in the pattern,
except I switched out the white one for another brown.
I figured why bother using the white 
if I was going to stain this piece.


This was aged using tea and in the oven
it went three times, adding a bit more tea
in certain places each time.
 


Framed under glass in this black frame.
Am pleased how it turned out.

It will reside in our guest room once we
redo it...which will be soon.
More items will be moving out,
and if they do not fit back it,
off to the store they will go.

Speaking of the store,
we did have a showing.
They were interested in the antique store
and also purchasing our name.
They were also interested in
our gift shop as well. 
Our realtor told us that the one gentleman
had to go out of the country for business now,
and will not decide until he gets back.
Not sure what will happen now.
Let the waiting game begin.

Last night I met Bob at his cousins house
after closing the store.
He lives a stones throw from us.
(1/8 mile)
Enjoyed some delicious ribs!
Plus a few beers before heading home
almost 3 hours later.
The weather was perfect outside.

Yesterday in between customers,
I stitched a new Halloween goodie.
Also working on the planning stage
for my Mad Scientist themed room.
Hopefully it will turn out as well as planned.

Happy Father's Day to all of the dad's out there.
My dad is no longer with us,
but I will think about him today.

A Happy Life Blessings To All!
Janice




11 comments:

  1. Your new stitchery piece will have a happy life in your guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day to Bob. Your little crossed stitch has a saying that I like too. I know that you'll find the perfect spot for it.

    I hope that the gentleman buys both of your stores so you can find more free time for both of you. I look forward to seeing the new redo of your guest room.

    Happy Sunday to you. Hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little stitchery Janice! It turned out wonderfully with your distressing. I really like stitching on Onasburg but guess it's not for everyone. Looking forward to seeing your Halloween piece...and your mad scientist room!! Fun! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, You've got the right attitude to life. I agree - little is needed to make us happy in life.
    Wishing you a smooth selling of the stores!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Lori's pattern , you did a great job , so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that stitching, I see absolutely no errors...it is perfect and the meaning is so true. Thanks for the reminder.

    I'm way behind in reading and posting...my apologies, you're selling both shops? A hard decision I'm sure...the gift shop is always full of your clever ideas...it seems we always need a place to express those creative thoughts. So wish I could see both in person. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend...feet up, unwinding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet cross stitch finish!
    Fingers crossed that you can work out a sale of your shop(s)!!! That would make yours and Bob's life so much easier, though I am sure you would miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stitching.
    Please keep us updated on the progress with the possible sale.
    Sending hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a nice sentiment to stitch and keep. I totally agree with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can not do counted cross stitch any more my poor eyes are just not about to do it.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never done cross stitch but I've admired many items from those that do! Yours is really lovely and fits your Prim decor. Good job! I hope your stores sell if that's what you're wanting. I will miss your fun Halloween scenes though! I may be up in Michigan in a few weeks. Thinking of joining my sis and nieces for a girls trip to St. Joe...take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.