Saturday, October 8, 2022

Snippets Of Fall


WOOHOO 
The weekend is finally here.
In a bit we are off to our family reunion 
on my mom's side.
First time back doing it since covid.
Looking forward to seeing my cousins!

Well this week I had to turn on the furnace
for my baby (Bob)
He was freezing, while I was fine.
It is on, but I refuse to go over 67 right now.
Its not that cold out yet.

 


Today's post will be my only one of Fall decor.
I usually do the entire house...but not this year.
Above pic is my kitchen shelves.


Bath


Cabinet shelves in bath.


One of these days am going to hook these
acorns to sell.


A prim doll I made years ago.


Living room.


My mom sold these fun scarecrows 
at craft shows in the 1980's.
I kept one and still love it. 


Underneath cannot have a scarecrow without a crow.
I actually have two of these crows.
Their beaks are a bit chipped so I did not want
to sell them.
Don't worry, I do get my money back if something 
is damaged.


Hall


My large pumpkin man
was purchased by Jane
(Old Mother Hubbard)
many years ago.
For those who subscribed to a Simple Life magazine,
her house was featured in one of the last editions.
It was an all white farmhouse look.


This bunny pillow is actually stitched from
plastic canvas.


One of my horses decked out.


Another one in the kitchen.

Well off to get ready for the reunion.
What will you be doing this weekend?
I have Monday and Tuesday off,
so after I close the store on Sunday,
will be setting up for Christmas.
You may think this is early, but in retail
you have to start early.

Fall Snippet Blessings To All!
Janice 


11 comments:

  1. Love the hooked candy corn and acorn. Maybe next year I'll hook a couple for myself and think I'd make mine smaller. Did you do the rabbit plastic canvas pillow? Its nice.
    I've been fighting turning on the heat and with yesterday's sunshine it raised t he temp inside to 67 degrees, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess, I hate seeing Christmas things out before November. Especially what I call "buy & plop" things. Items that you buy and put out, no more work required. I make exception for crafting things that need work before they are finished. But I guess shop owners must be prepared for buyers who are in decorating mode before their money turns to buying gifts. I can't imagine trying to guess what people will want months in advance.
    I got that king-size quilt to the quilters, so I'm in catch-up mode on things like cleaning and garden work. Not fun, but needs to be done. I guess I should venture to the attic and get the Halloween & fall decorations out before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at the reunion.
    Love all your fall touches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how there are little bits of fall at every turn...it really looks cozy and warm. We turned the furnace on too this week, but I'm with you, I won't move it past 68! But this morning it was 28 when Bailey and I went out this morning, brrr! Have a fun time at the reunion, it looks like a great day for it. We're heading off to visit a farm animal sanctuary my daughter discovered not far from here...always appreciate folks who give their hearts to rescue animals. Enjoy your weekend and travel safe. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall decor is lovely as usual. My two favorite vignettes are the ones with the crows.

    My husband has turned on the heat in his bedroom and has lit the stove in his den. I don't like the cold but prefer a cooler temperature than him. I keep my bedroom cool. It's been cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon lately.

    Enjoy the family reunion. I think it will do everyone a lot of good seeing each other after such a long time apart.
    Hugs,
    Julia


    ReplyDelete
  6. I throw some stuff on the mantle and a fall wreath on the door and I am lucky your decorating is amazing
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so cozy it's hard to believe it's cold! But it is here, too. Have a terrific time at the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are hanging in with not turning on the furnace as of yet. ;-) The prices for natural gas really jumped. I continue to pray our leaders of the nation and world get some common sense regarding energy.

    Your home looks lovely. I really like the addition of the crows in the decor.
    I hope you had a great weekend.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janice, I always love your fall decor - so very cozy and just enough! I hope you have a great time at your reunion. The pandemic years we lost makes me appreciate my family so much more than ever. Bring on the ho ho ho! Christmas will be hear in a blink! XO Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janice,
    I love your decorating!
    We gave in and turned ours on every now and then last week. I think the older I get the colder I feel.
    I envy you having a family reunion. I was the one getting ours going but it was totally on me so I stopped doing it which is so sad.
    Have fun!!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! Your touches make it look so inviting! We turned on the furnace because it just feel so damp and chilly during the night. We're having some warm days this week then back to the chill which is fine with me since I love Fall weather! Have a nice 2 days off...sort of off with decorating the store!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.