Friday, September 2, 2022

Sneak Peek

Hello friends.
Before I show you a sneak peek of the 
Haunted Hotel,
I want to thank everyone for your comments.
Each comment made me realize
I cannot please all of the people all of the time.
Just need to please me first.
I pretend to be 
"Wonder Woman"
which I am no way near.
Yet I plod on.
Working full time,
Taking care of Bob while he gets better.
Take care of the stores.
These two customers just got to me at a weak point.
I did ask God for strength.
He brought a major thunderstorm
Monday night which took out our power.
It was a good thing.
I unplugged from the world for a whole day.
We took a drive with Tundra and just got away
for a bit...well I drove.
It was good for the soul.
 

Now onward to the first sneak peek pics.
This jolly fellow will greet you as you arrive.
With is trusty bulldog pal, he is resting
whilst you peruse the hotel.


Our resident butler will serve you up
some toadstools on his silver tray.
Come get them while they last.
Bob made the concierge bar before his stroke.
It does have shelves in the back
so you could put this on your patio
or bar area for you own Halloween party.


Looking back out into our main room.
This ghostly lady stands behind the dresser.
Red velvet curtains drape each side of the room.


A lost soul screams 
"HELP"
More on this lost souls backdrop later.


Before our afternoon drive,
I decided to get out my crochet hook
and cotton yarn and whipped up a few of these
Granny Square Bauble ornaments.
I had some plastic clear ornaments that I was
going to do a Halloween project with.
Not enough time, so decided to do this now.


I do remember gramma B crocheting
similar ornaments for her tree.
Instead of a plastic bulb, she used Styrofoam.
She then took some wire and made a loop
and stuck it inside the Styrofoam at the top and 
then added a hanger for her ornament. 


The colors I chose were perfect for my Nordic theme.
They would even look pretty in a wood bowl
 with some greens underneath like I did here.
Lately crocheting has been my release.
I can sit and watch tv while doing
 it after we east dinner.
At least until it gets dark. 
So far have completed 6 since Tuesday.

Well thanks again dear friends for all of your wisdom.
It really did help reading what you had to say!
Hope everyone enjoys their long Holiday weekend.
I will be working the store both days...
and I will have fun doing it!

Sneak Peek Blessings To All!
Janice









11 comments:

  1. Sorry those two got your feathers ruffled but good that you shook it off...at least somewhat with your calming drive. I'll bet Robin (Cranky Crow) will come back for multiple visits to peek at your haunted hotel as it is her favorite season. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the gloomy cloud left by the wicked customer has cleared up and that you are fully recovered from the toxic fumes she left behind.

    I'm taken by your friendly skeleton and his pet bulldog and I love the sign Dead and Breakfast sign.

    Lots of scary stuff. I wish you great sales.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! A lot of work for sure
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crocheted ornaments are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha!!! This is GREAT Janice! Yeah, I'm a Halloween nut, what can I say? How I would love to "check in" for a short stay! That lady behind the dresser looks amazingly real. Show us more! Show us more! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed it girlfriend! Yes, I'm in love with your haunted hotel and it's lovely scary decor! I just bought a similar "Dead and Breakfast" sign that will be in my kitchen..and I love how you did yours with the skeleton and dog. I know many will flock to the store and buy, buy buy!! (If not we'll just have to put a spell on them! Ha!) I know you'll be working tomorrow but I hope you get a little time to relax. You do so much and are pulled in many directions. Continued prayers for your hubby to recover fully so he can continue to make those wonderful things for the shop! He's talented! Take care Janice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun your haunted hotel decorations are! Perfect for the holiday! Your crocheted ornaments are wonderful! They would be lovely in a bowl! ....or on a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your haunted hotel decorations just made me smile! I love the nostalgic look of your lovely crocheted ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it, you have such clever ideas and imagination for pulling it all together. So wish you were close enough for a visit, I know the shop is amazing in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shop looks awesome. I under stand the "wonder woman" things as well...I hope Bob has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.