Sunday, September 18, 2022

As The Story Goes

Hello friends.
Hope all is well with each and every one of you.
I mentioned before that my guest room
was a chaotic mess.
Well I finally cleaned it up just in time
for my mom's visit on Monday.

As the story goes....
my design teacher drilled it in us students
that to make a statement you must add
either the color green or black.
You all know I am not a fan of green.
Green is an important color however.
So before the green in nature goes away,
I decided to add green and white
throughout this bedroom for now.

Without further ado
here are the pics
***WARNING***
MANY PICTURES 

See if you can pick out the green and white in each.
 






























I warned you there were many pics.

This is mainly my sewing themed room.
The room is packed full of antiques and vintage items.
The cabinets are full with my craft items.
The new pine sugar chest now holds
all of my buttons, glue gun/ sticks
and precious Halloween items stored inside.

Hoping my mom enjoys her stay now....
the last time she was here, the room was still
a disheveled mess.
Just enough room for her to be on the 
one side of the bed.
I am sure she was grumbling inside,
but did not say anything to me.
I did warn her it was a chaotic mess.
It will stay like this now until I decorate 
for Christmas.

At least this is clean now....
table still a mess.
We will be eating out when she comes. LOL

Well off to the store.
Will be crocheting more baubles
in between customers.
I now have pink, gray & red, gray/white/green
dark gray/red & white and am working on blue ones now.
Am also crocheting Christmas trees.
Glad my gramma B was able to teach me how
to crochet with me being a leftie and she a righty.

What did you do this weekend?

As The Story Goes Blessings To All!
Janice

 

 





9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! It looks amazing but I couldn't sleep in that room, I would spend my whole time in there looking at all the many antiques and decor. It would be hard to close my eyes, lol...
    My weekend was spent at our church hall preparing and selling at our Farmer's Market. I came home totally wasted but it was all worth while.
    Have a blessed Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, here ya go: bow on horse toy, greenery, wreath, apples/pears?, leaves w flowers, ivy, greenery under bowl and pitcher, quilt block, thread, hat pin keep. So did I win, lol. Like Julia I'd be looking at all the antiques tool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Room looks great. You sure have a lot packed in there but it doesn't looked crowded. How big is the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely I am sure your mom will enjoy her visit
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny what we remember from our teachers? I remember a design teacher telling us there should be something in every room that makes you smile. Your rooms look great - magazine worthy for certain!! And yes, oh the messes - for me it's paperwork that gets out of control. Ugh, on my to do list! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel rather chuffed when I finally get the guest room cleaned. it tends to collect all the things in the house that don't seem to have another home (or maybe they do and I just don't feel like dealing with them!). I never knew that about green or black and I'm not sure it makes sense to me -- but you sure did beautifully with the lovely greens you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...lots of treasures tucked in that space....like Lauren, I am wondering how large a room this is LOL. Of course I'm a bit of a sucker for the old dolls. Hope your mum enjoys the room. My "anchor" color, by default more than anything, seems to be black...although I do enjoy unexpected pops of greens....mostly of the greenery sort... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wow! Amazing collection of wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.