Sunday, April 21, 2019

A Spring Tutorial



Happy Easter my friends!
I hosted Easter today with my family.
Bob's dad came over too!
We had a glazed ham with all of the fixins.
I made a strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert
and Easter cupcakes. 
(vanilla and chocolate with festive frosting)

We eat early in my family.
It is because our family were farmers.
Farmers eat their big meal (supper) early.
Since everyone has left now,
I thought this would be a good chance to
give a Spring tutorial.


I started with this vintage egg carton.


I love how compact this one is.


Start with adding styrofoam circles.



Add a faux mini flower and place green moss
around to cover the styrofoam.
Place a styrofoam circle wherever you want a flower.


I added both purple mini flowers and
a mini daffodil bunch to my display.
I chose brown eggs.
The eggs were boiled and hand dried
before adding to my display...
so they will last a few days.

A small fun sweet Eastery Spring display.
This will be part of my simple April
CupboardScape display which I will feature
in my next post.

Hope everyone is having a blessed Easter!

Easter Blessings To All!
Janice 

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial, your mind is always working Hope your family had a blessed Easter gathering. We eat early as well because it can be a production I believe I need a bigger house lol. Always love to drop in on your postings, just like chatting with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy. Never thought of it that way. But yes it is like chatting with a cup of tea or coffee. Janice

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day, Janice! We had family over as well,but our gathering was a bit smaller than usual. I save my egg crate for my grand daughter planting flower seeds this weekend. I'm trying to spark an interest in gardening for her. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was Bobbie! Sounds like a great plan to get her into gardening. Hope it works. I was taught young and loved it! Janice

      Delete
  3. Another holiday has flown by. Yours sounded perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea and lovely display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacky! Hope you had a blessed Easter! Janice

      Delete
  5. Another sweet display Janice! Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. It warmed my heart to hear you call your meal “supper”....we were farmers as well, and we ate early and that is what we called it as well. Hope spring has sprung in your neck of the woods... We had an uncharacteristically beautiful, mild, and sunny day yesterday...Today it was back to cold, wind, and rain.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. So glad to heat that others ate Supper too. I was beginning to think no one else did it anymore. We had thunderstorms this morning and then it warmed up a bit. Janice

      Delete
  6. How sweet your floral display looks! Just love it with the eggs and vintage egg carton. You have the decorator's touch! We eat a large meal in the early day as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! Hope you hada blessed Easter! Janice

      Delete
  7. I just love it! It is so sweet and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice, your Easter supper sounded delicious! I love the traditional menu too. Good to hear that you are also much better and sharing with us another cool decorating idea. The eggs and flowers look so good together in the box and I love the old carton as a base. Gosh, how I remember those egg cartons. I will keep my eye out and see if I can find one as I poke around too. You know me, I am BIG on nostalgia!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was! I actually have a few more of these cartons. I was going to sell them in the store and forgot to put them out. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.