Friday, April 5, 2019

A Bit Colonial


TGIF my friends.
Right after Valentine's Day
I looked around our humble abode....
realized I could create 
a colonial display....
so create I did. 


With this tobacco.


Stone fruit.


Script jug and feathers.


Early top hat and newer light.


Also this small trunk which the hat
and light reside.
Perfect for a bit of colonial.


I also wanted to show you how
the orange pomanders look now.
[see above]


Remember back in January 
when I first showed them.
After 3 months they are still good,
just not a bright.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Tomorrow it will be painting again
at our new store.

A Lil Bit of Colonial Blessings To All!
Janice

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE this one! The hat...stop it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little Colonial gathering! Tobacco was definitely a huge crop in my home state of Virginia during colonial years. There are still remnants of curing barns on old farm landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes tobacco barns were all over that state I am told. Janice

      Delete
  3. I think your little display is adorable. I love the old picture and hat too. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. I had fun putting it together! Janice

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet display Janice.... I love old top hats and I can just picture the gentleman in the portrait wearing it. I have some tobacco also, but had to hang it high. For some reason, I always have at least one kitty that can’t resist it. And oh...that stone fruit! You have an amazing collection. I packed mine away during WWR....and haven’t found it yet. So now all I have on display are the few pieces I bought after WWR. Grrrr..... Happy Friday! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes When I added the hat, I wondered if my gentlemen in the photo wore one. Still waiting to hear more about WWR. Janice

      Delete
  5. sweet display when I made those pomades I covered the whole orange in cloves then rolled it in cinnamon and something else to preserve (arrowroot?) it it lasted for years!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to roll them in cinnamon soon. Thanks for sharing! Janice

      Delete
  6. Good to hear Sandra. You will love my Colonial Christmas that I am planning this year. Stay tuned. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.