Thursday, June 21, 2018

A Pretty Penny


Good morning sweet friends.
Hope everyone is enjoying their week.
Today is the Summer Solstice.
Tonight Bob and I will enjoy the fireworks
in which the First Nations
{Canadian Indian Community}
celebrates the Summer Solstice
with a huge fireworks display.
The community is directly across
the river from us on Walpole Island.
We always have a front row seat
on our side of the river!


I finished my penny rug.
Woot Woot!!!
See how the red background
matches my new pillows.


I made 55 pennies.
Worked on this piece 
during lunches at work.
The border is a cream background
with tiny blue stars.


Just in time for July 4th.
I keep a bit of the patriotic in one cabinet.
Still have not had a chance to get in that
dang attic for all of my patriotic bins....
and it looks like I won't be doing 
much this year.


This patriotic ribbon amd few flowers
were inside that cabinet.
I just took one of my white pitchers
to make this small display.


All sitting pretty in the living room.

Has anyone else been able to start
their patriotic decorating?

As a reminder, I do check often at my posts
and will comment directly back to you
on each post....
so check back to see my replies.
Thank you again for your wonderful comments!
Beware
I will also delete comments that do not
seem to really be from my blog friends.

With that note, I hope everyone also enjoys
their weekend!!!


A Pretty Penny Blessings To All!
Janice



16 comments:

  1. Hi Janicew! Your penny rug is lovely - so smart to work on it during your lunch hour! I may give that a try. I have zero patriotic decor out this year. I am knee deep in preparing for our daughter's engagement party inside and in the backyard. Our front yard is scheduled to be torn up any day now as well - New driveway, front patio, etc. So no decorating there either. Next year! Have a great day my friend! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your daughter's party. You do have a full plate with that and a driveway and patio...but it will all work out and be nice in the end! Janice

      Delete
  2. That rug is absolutely darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty little penny rug! It looks so sweet on your table. And how wonderful to have a front row seat to the fireworks display! thats fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! The fireworks has a lot of red and white this year for Canada's flag..but it was still nice! Janice

      Delete
  4. Love those muted colors of your new penny rug! Beautiful for your table and a piece you are going to enjoy for many years to come.

    Enjoy your fireworks along the river tonight as we officially turn the calendar to Summer. We have been doing Summer down here for the past 2 months so I am ready for Fall!! LOL!! I can't wait to see what you are dreaming up for this year's Halloween Handmades!! Not to mention the arrival of candy corn and candy pumpkins. They are my all time favorites and I look forward to them every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep fireworks were nice. More folks on the Canadian side watching this year. Summer is in full swing up here now with carnivals up and down the river every weekend now. Janice

      Delete
  5. The penny rug is pretty. I have not decorated patriotic yet but planning to soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danice. Hope to see your patriotic decor. Janice

      Delete
  6. I love your penny rug, that is really something I should bring to work to work on.
    I put up a few patriotic things yesterday I have a few more to do.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy. Putting together another project to work on during lunches. This one is a Fall project. Janice

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren. Hope you are having a great weekend! Janice

      Delete
  8. Just love your penny rug and really like the star fabric border Even with your small touches its very patriotic looking

    linda m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Linda! Wish I could have done more this year. Had so much planned. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.