Saturday, July 21, 2012

I Am Such A Tease

I went over to the show after closing the shop yesterday.
All I can say is WOW
Wish you could be here!
I scored big time!

Since I am such a tease,
will show you in another post.

First I want to show you some of the booths set up.
It is going to be a beautiful day outside on the river.

Radios of all kinds

Vintage Feed Sack Quilts and Bar Ware.
This lady is called the Cocktail Queen
 I tried to purchase the quilt on the left,
but she is selling them as a set.
Not sure why?
I did not like the one on the right as it had too much purple.
(She folded it up this way after I left)
 I could have bought the other one,
but she raised the price on it for just the one.
Guess some dealers don't want to sell items.
Oh well, I scored on something else anyway!
Wait til you see it....
I am such a tease!

The sun was coming up over the river.
Can you see it behind these tents?
Some nice furniture in this booth.
Did I find my goodie in this booth?
Nope.
I am such a tease.

Some Prim Wares
Can you see what I bought from here?
I am such a tease.
Not this booth.

The gal on the left is Carmel.
She sells antique clothing, jewelry and antique cosmetic items.
She has been my friend forever!
Love ya Carmel! Hope you do good!
The gal in the middle is Linda.
She helps Carmel out at her shows.
I've known Linda just as long as the two of us worked
at the same bank when we were in our 20's.
Did I score from my friend?
No, not  this time.
I am such a tease!


This vendor sells antique toys and advertising.
Was it this booth that I scored?
Hmmm...no prim items in here,
so I don't think so.

Unfortunately, Bob did not take pics
of the booths that had the prims in them...
So hopefully in the morning,
I can shoot some pics...
if there is anything left.
That's what I get for sending a man to do a woman's job. LOL

Ok. I've teased you enough.
Here is what I scored!

This awesome 1700's Windsor Chair.

I loved the chippy look of this.
These chairs are becoming so rare,
that when I saw it,
I knew it had to come home with me.
3 layers of paint.
Bottom 1700's Mustard
Blue 1800's paint in the second layer
Finally, early 1900's black paint on top.

So what do you think?
Did I score?

Warm Blessings,
Janice









8 comments:

  1. You are a tease!!!!
    Yes you scored! Love your wonderful treasure you got!
    Wish I could be there ~ looks like a lot of fun!
    Enjoy!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like a lot of fun. Wish we were closer and I would definitely be there this morning. Love your chair! Yes, you scored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice I have to get a kleenex...drooling over everything!
    I get such a high at the views and it was a beautiful cool morning and sunrise.
    Danf wish I could make it..maybe next year.
    Thanks for sharing
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful things! How did yo decide on just one??!! I just love the chair! Blessings~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello You Tease, Janice you did score, what a beautiful Windsor Chair, I also love the chippy paint,looks fab. Sure wish I could have wondered around there, my kind of place. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you are a BIG tease Missy Janice. But now I wanna know how you only came home with ONE of those Windsors....! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that market looks like it should lots of "old" goodies.Yep you scored.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.