Friday, February 16, 2024

February CupboardScape

Hello friends.
Hope everyone had a wonderful 
St Valentine's Day.
Bob and I stayed home and had some
homemade chicken noodle soup.
Not so romantic,
but it filled us up.

 

Today's CupboardScape is all about
red and white textiles.
This is my latest find.
A quilt basket piece that was framed.







Hope you enjoyed my red and white display.

In other news,
the store closing went fine,
but afterwards I almost got into an accident.
The roads were getting pretty icy
with a snow clipper that came on in.
Even though I was going way under the speed limit,
I still almost rear ended a Fed Ex truck.
He was braking and did not have 
any brake lights.
By the time I realized it,
I could not brake in time.
I tried but knew I would hit him,
so I opted to swerve to the right,
which then I almost went into a ditch.
I swerved back to the left and went between 
the truck and mailbox.
It all happened so quick
and I was within inches of both the truck
and mailbox.
Bob could not believe I did not hit anything.
I immediately said God...or my angel...
or both were with me 
for sure this morning.

My granddaughter's flight was delayed
by 50 minutes because of the snow too.
She and some of her classmates and teachers
are headed to Frankfurt Germany.
She probably landed sometime
in the wee hours of this morning.
I need to call my daughter to find out. 
For 10 days she will be in three countries.
Germany, Prague and Hungary.
It took her a year to pay for the trip,
and she paid with her own money.
It was something she wanted to do.
m so proud of her for wanting to do this on her own.
A a trip of a lifetime for her.
I told her to take lots of pics for us.

Well thats all for now.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
What will be your weekend plans?
My plans will be to work on something...
not sure what yet. LOL

February Blessings To All!
Janice
 


16 comments:

  1. Yes, I enjoyed the red and white display. What a great find! I'm partial to reds, quilts, wool and primitives...ahaha. Oh, what a trip! I hope she has a wonderful time. Yes, thank the Lord and your quick thinking for not hitting anything! Jesus take the wheel for sure! This weekend, we are doing an estate sale. I'm a little nervous as it's mostly glass....dishes....you know, things that require the right customer. Have fun creating something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your daughter for checking things off her 'bucket list' while she is still young. As for people my age who have a list for when they retire, my list has been scratched all together because of my knees, back, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are OK, hope the car is too.
    I'm a bit envious of your granddaughter. I don't think I'd have the courage to travel like that when I was her age. Not that I'd have been allowed to anyway.
    I like your display. It celebrates the holiday, but isn't all in-your-face about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ed and white display - there is just something I love about those colors.
    I missed that you area closing your store. I am sorry.
    Praise God you were safe and didn't hit anything in your accident.
    I hope your granddaughter has a safe and wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in. I like the red and whites! I’m always attracted to the color of country red.
    Thank God you didn’t crash. That would have unnerved me.
    Nice trip for your daughter. I hope you can share some of her photos with us. I’ll probably never get over there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's not to love about red and white...or old textiles for that matter. Your new find looks right at home. So glad you navigated that almost-accident situation ok. We got about 6" of white stuff the night before last with a slick coating of ice first. I had to go over to watch little Mia late morning yesterday and the roads were really slick. Thankfully, most of them are lightly traveled back roads so that eases the anxiety a bit. I am so happy for your granddaughter. That will be a lot to take in in just 10 days. And you and your daughter should be proud that she worked hard to do this herself. This country needs more kids with "fire in their bellies" as they say. No real plans here. Have some straggler Christmas decor that needs putting away (for shame) and I am feed Hepzibah (my sourdough starter) so hopefully there will be some baking involved too. Happy weekend! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love pretty red & white quilts , linens , they just are so pleasing ...
    Thank goodness you didn't get hurt in the accident ....

    You Lucky daughter ...hope she has a Wonderful time .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so glad you didn't have an accident. The red and white is pretty this time of year. We didn't have a very exciting valentines either I cooked some chicken.
    Glad the closing went well
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. God was watching out for you for sure!!! So glad of the good. outcome.
    Love all the red, it's my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about your accident and very glad you weren't hurt. Boy, icy accidents freak me out -- they are so unexpected. I hope the FedX driver gets some brake lights -- that's not a good thing. Meanwhile, I really LOVE to the max your beautiful red and white quilted pieces. They're all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy that the closing went as scheduled. What a relief!!!
    Lucky you were able to avoid the accident.
    Your granddaughter will make so many memories on her trip. Lucky her to be able to go.
    LOVE your red and white textiles!!! Perfect for the month of February...or any month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your red and white display is lovely! I love the quilts. I'm glad you didn't have an accident. Yes, those are the times I think our Guardian Angel is doing the driving! We had a quiet Valentine's day too. I made chicken and rice soup from scratch! No big plans for the weekend either. Just the usual. We had some snow that surprised us and now it's just cold. But the fire is warm and so is the pizza! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I am so happy you did not have an accident, that is scary!!
    I hope our granddaughter has a wonderful time, I am so excited to hear about her trip, you will have to share a little bit with us when she returns.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, what a close call Janice! So glad you avoided an accident. I really enjoyed all your beautiful red items, "love" ly this time of year. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Red and white is the ultimate color combination. Well done, Janice!
    Your granddaughter is an inspiration! May she have a successful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my that drive sounds scary - it all happens so quickly - glad it turns out ok. The trip will be a memory forever! Keep us posted - she’ll have great stories and pictures to share when she’s back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.