Saturday, February 24, 2024

A Little Late To The Party

Boy  am I late.
Sorry I should have posted this
before Valentine's Day.
Oh well.
Better late than never I guess.
 


These pics are from our newly
added gift shop space inside 
our antique mall.


Set up for Valentine's Day.



Good news is that folks are finding us
over here now.

In other news,
Mikayla comes home this afternoon.
She is in the air as I write this.
She had a fun filled trip to 4 countries.
Germany, The Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary.
The best food she loved over there was the chocolate.
I have heard from many friends, 
that chocolate over in Europe is so much better
than over here.
She is supposed to bring some home
so we can try it...hopefully she wont eat it all. LOL
I will try to gather up some pics she took for
an upcoming post.

Yesterday was the foggiest drive through the marsh
since going back to the office for work.
So bad I could hardly see the lines 
for this two lane road.
However that did not stop an idiot from passing
three cars.
So glad another car did not come from the
opposite direction.
Some folks just dont think.

Today I received my St Patty's Day order
for the gift shop, so I need to check in and price.
Other than that cleaning and maybe some stitching
on tap for today.

What will you be doing this weekend?

Post Valentine Blessings To All!
Janice



 


 


12 comments:

  1. The new area looks so nice! Glad people are finding you there.
    You are right, people are so crazy on the road. It sure is scary sometimes.
    Looking forward to the Europe pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable how stupid some drivers are. If I couldn't see the lines in the road I'd be creeping along not knowing if a deer or person would be crossing in front of me or a vehicle was going slower than me that I'd run into.
    Yummy on the chocolate and I've never had European chocolate. Let us know your thoughts if she doesn't eat it all.
    I'll be drawing a pattern and hooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new gift area looks very inviting...and I bet it compliments the antiques part of the store really well. Yes, European chocolates are incredible. My very favorite, though, is Belgian chocolate. No definitive plans for the weekend... I have some organizational things that are in desperate need of tackling and I maybe will get a bit of a start on at least some of that, then reward myself with some stitching or hooking. Enjoy your weekend! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gift area looking enticing- I’d sure be looking through there for some finds!
    Nothing yet on our weekend agenda - just whatever moves us. It’s still morning here so we’ve got time. It is going to be a nice sunny day in the 70’s. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so nice. A lovely place to visit.
    Can't believe someone passed in the fog like that!! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun post and it looks great! Safe travels to Michaela!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you were able to keep some of your giftware offerings in your antique shop. Customers like a variety. As you know, most shoppers don't know what they will want until they see it. Enjoy your chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate the fog! We've been lucky here with really nice weather except for a surprise snowfall on Saturday! All melted now! Your gift shop looked so sweet and inviting. All that red would have me there in a snap! I hope the chocolate does not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see some pics of Mikayla's trip! Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun trip for Mikayla! I am late getting to you we were invited to my brother in laws for dinner always fun
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the displays.
    Did you enjoy the chocolate?
    Did she have a favorite country?
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.