Sunday, February 26, 2023

Lady On Horseback

Hello friends.
Hope everyone is doing good.
When Saundra first asked her blogging friends
if they wanted to join in on a challenge,
I had looked at those who took the challenge
 hooking Lady on Horseback and I knew
I wanted to hook this rug.
 

Now I only have time to hook on weekends,
so this may take me a while to complete.
This was one day of hooking.
(in between customers at store)


Like Saundra, I wanted my rug to be more
of an Autumn theme.


I chose my kitty color to be this yellowish tan color.
Reminds me of my kitty Tanner.
He was the first pet I had here when
 I moved to this river community.
My neighbors cat had the litter.
He was born on Halloween.


This was the wool color.
If you would like to follow along
with Saundra's blog, here is the link.

www.woodlandjunction.blogspot.com 



Day 2 had me hooking the first dog
Gray to remind me of my daughter's husky.


Finished the kitty.


Tree almost done.


After I hooked the dog, I knew an outline
was needed, otherwise the sky would
have washed it out.


Close up of kitty.

Since I had no time to draw this pattern,
I reached out to Saundra to do the hard part for me.
Thank you Saundra!
Saundra has many patterns which you can
purchase.
Her pattern website is below.

www.woodlandjunctionprimitives.com


In other news,
the ice storm came.
First as snow, then ice.
Fortunately we did not lose power,
but we were prepared.
Wood was stocked for the fireplace,
food stocked and we could put outside in a cooler
if need be. Plus we had candles.
We also had 2 more inches of snow yesterday.

Valentine's decor is slowly being 
put away for next year.
Spring is coming out.
BUNNY SEASON
YAY...my favorite time of year!

At night I have been crocheting.
The only thing I can see to do by lamplight.
I should buy a new Ott light.

Our bellys are full!
I made a big breakfast this morning.
Bacon, fried potatoes, eggs and toast.
I dont often do this, but had a hankering.
Now we are off to work the stores.

Hope everyone enjoys their last week
of February.

Lady On Horseback Blessings To All!
Janice






11 comments:

  1. I used to 'hook' rugs years ago - but not like this. This is much harder, but it is going to be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are off to a great start on Lady on Horseback!
    Happy you did not lose power. DSO's daughter in Redford, MI, was without power for a couple days but thankfully came back on Friday evening.
    We just got rain...lots and lots of rain...but no ice. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Lady on Horse Back is looking great.
    I'm glad you didn't loose power in cold icy weather. It's been a damp cold here, and both wood stoves are going to keep the house warm. 22 days to spring. I'll be glad when it warms up so the snow can melt.
    Today we are celebrating our 57th Wedding Anniversary quietly. We went out to breakfast with friends as usual.

    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have accomplished quite a lot me thinks. Love that your version has a story with the family pets. Outlining the grey dog gives it a vintage appeal. Take your time but be sure to keep us up to date so we can enjoy the venture with you. Oh, and thanks for the plug, lol.
    Snow flurries here then turned to rain and moved out fast. Today is sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lady is looking wonderful so far, Janice. Great color choices. I am glad you fared well through the storm. We got royally dumped on with snow and tonight another storm is moving in...this one with ice as well. It seems February and March are the snowiest months for us. (Like it isn't bad enough the other 4 months of winter here.) Enjoy your Sunday....breakfast sounded amazing. I love breakfast. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady on a Horse looks like a fun rug to do. I would also want to do this in autumn colors. Spring is definitely on the way. Tree frogs are on the outside of my door tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read that many, many folks in Michigan had lost power so I'm so happy you were sparred that! Losing power in winter is so scary but you were prepared! I think your hooking project is so cute. My Valentines Day things are packed away and soon all my bunnies will be out! Have a good week Janice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this rug -- it will be fabulous! And that breakfast sounds to die for. We dodged the snow this round. Eager for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing about the $2.00 bill on my blog Janice, I forgot about Tom and the $2.00 bill. ;-)
    I love the rug and the memories that are going to be in it, a true story to tell. I love that.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you didn't lose power...what a storm it's been for so many. The rug will be terrific...how do you find the time ?! I remember starting a hooking project when I was expecting my son...eeeek, it's still in the basket. Okay, you've inspired me, I'll dust it off and see what I can do with it these many years later! Great project for the end of winter...take care, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janice, that looks like a great pattern and a fun endeavor for winter time by the fire. Sounds like you are having some winter weather. We are too and even though it is really beautiful and I don't mind being stranded in the house, I sure am glad it isn't a sure thing every winter but who knows where we are headed..Keep warm..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.