Friday, February 10, 2023

Seeing Red

 

Good morning all!
Red is one of my favorite colors,
so Valentine's will always show up
in February even though I do not
have much decor. 





Pops of red will appear with my prim items.
A sock kitty in red.
A cookie heart.
A prim doll I made years ago.


She is holding a Hershey kiss,
however I did notice the kiss is now missing the label
at the top.


Ate a Kiss and stuck the tag back in.


A sweet Raggedy Anne I received in a swap many years ago.


A red hear I also made.


This small display.


My antique doll holding an antique Valentine.


Close up.


Another antique one.
These do open and stand,
but unfortunately they are so fragile,
I leave them closed now.


A red sugar firkin on top of a red & white mat.


The entire display on my living room cabinet.
(which is also red)


Cabinet on the right.
More red.


I purchased this doll at one of my fav prim shops.
She closed her store just before covid hit,
but I met her through blogging.
We became blogging friends,
and even vended at most of her
prim antique shows.
Its where I met lots of blogging buddies,
including Lauren from Rugs and Pugs.
Many no longer blog and I miss them dearly.

In other news,
we had some Spring like weather here and now
all of the ice is gone from the river.
So are the Winter ducks.
I call them Winter ducks because we only see
 these varieties this time of year.
In warmer weather they hang out around
all of the islands South of us...
so do the eagles as it is there number one
food source.

Well hope everyone enjoys their weekend?
Any plans?
Any plans for Super Bowl Sunday.
I am making wings and appetizers.
A bean dip and crab dip.
We do not have a favorite team,
so hopefully your team wins!
I only watch for the commercials.
Use to love the Budweiser Clydesdale ones.

Seeing Red Blessings To All!
Janice




11 comments:

  1. Such sweet displays. You are all ready for Valentines. we have no team in the mix either but I have a pot-roast that needs to be cooked so I will fill the crockpot and call it good.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a favorite team and while I love the new commercials I usually wait until they slowly become part of the commercials interrupting programming. Enjoyed your displays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be ignoring the whole bowl madness, not even the promise of good commercials interests me.
    I wonder what I have for Valentine decorations. I should probably go up to the attic and drag the box down. I like your display, the doll in red is especially sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watch the bowl in a very long time and have not decorated for Valentine. It seems everything has been hijacked by commercialization. I may make a heart cake if I still have my pans.??? and use my heart mugs but that's about the extent on my decorations. lol...I know, I'm a very dull girl. Enjoy your display. Happy Valentine.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to solve that problem, eat a kiss :-) and put the tag in. That was cute Janice!
    Have a great weekend!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love those pretty Old Valentines ! They are so pretty .
    Enjoy the Super Bowl & yummy food !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your displays - It's fun to have keepsakes and then tell the tales of how long and where they came from.

    I used to be a crazed football fan - (San Francisco 49ers) but the last few years, I just don't enjoy it as much. So no, super bowl party for us. I'll take the treats though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your February reds are perfect. I love the prim dolls especially, but every display is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love red too and love your decorations. Enjoy the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how I missed this post but I'm glad I stopped by today! I didn't watch the game but saw the results this morning. I'm not much for watching sports but I'm sure everyone enjoyed this game as it looked like it was exciting. I love all the red you have. I have a lot of red in my house and just love the spark it gives! However, with this unusually warm weather we're having I'm itching to get out Spring decor and even Easter stuff! But I'm holding out until late March to do so. I know it's going to get cold sometime again with probably more snow. Until then I guess I'll just enjoy this day! Have a good week Janice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, I am pretty sure I actually did leave a comment on this post the last time I was on my pc. I remember because I was blathering on about my collection of vintage Valentines that I no longer display. They were packed away for WWR, and I didn't take them out since. Mine are all the dimensional ones so they really need to be set up....and every time a door opens or someone walks by too quickly, they go over. Guess I need a bigger house LOL. I am smitten with that red sampler. Sigh. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.