Tuesday, February 14, 2023

February CupboardScape

 Happy Valentine's Day
my friends!

I hope you enjoy my pics for this 
day of love.


This prim doll was actually a pattern
from Black Cat Primitives back in the 80's.
Before I decided to just start drawing my own.


I so love the antique Valentine's
I purchased.
Found these at an antique store one year.
Bought all of them.
So glad I did because I have never seen any afterwards.


So those who know me know I am not a fan
of green nor pink.
I usually keep this pink flower basket in the bathroom.
I only kept it because my mom and I went to this
flower party and it has memories.
Like a Tupperware party, this party was all about
flower arrangements.
I purchased this one....in the 80's.
My mom purchased one in blue and pink.
In our defense, those were the colors in style at that time.
It does fit with my Valentine display though.


A faux geranium plant.
I only purchase faux flowers because of my pets.


The back side if one of my smaller quilts.


This vintage sign was from Gramer's Chocolates
located in Jackson, MI.
It is from the 1950's I believe.
The Knapp family first started 
making chocolate in 1919.
After 97 years in the family,
the last family member passed away in 2016.
The doors were closed.
Not sure if they ever re-opened.


The backdrop for this month's CupbpardScape
is an antique linsey woolsey blanket.
Now we just call them wool blankets.

In other news,
pretty scary hearing about these balloons lately.
Pretty scary hearing we had one in our own state too.
The one in Michigan was east of my
stepdaughters small town.
Just wondering if it flew over before they
shot it down in Lake Huron.

We need to wake with respect to China.
Why do they need their state police hear in the states?
Why are they buying up land near our bases?
Why are more Chinese coming across the Southern border?

Happy Valentine's Day Blessings To All!
Janice

9 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines day lovely as aways. It is a crazy time in the world for sure.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day! ♥ I'm glad you saved your mother's things. And the chocolate store - so many stores die off after their owners die - the kids don't want to run it anymore.
    Oh man you are not kidding about China - PEOPLE WAKE UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I was thinking about you when I heard about the object in the sky shot down. I wondered if it was close by to you.

    I always enjoy the history you add to your posts. Thank you for sharing about the Chocolate Store. I am in hopes that small shops will come back to all of our areas. I do have some good news, a bakery opened today in our village. I am so excited. I hope they can make it.
    Happy Valentine's Day to you.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the cupboard scape. Happy Valentines Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's day. Your vignettes are lovely.
    Those balloons have been a big concern to our country also. I hope they get to the bottom of it.

    Too many little stores have not been able to compete with the big box stores. I do hope they come back too.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. China...just plain scary...but with the present administration, they can do what they darn well please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy late Valentine's Day! I think your cupboard space is adorable and very fitting for this holiday. We have a scrapbook from Jack's Grandma that is all postcards and many are Valentine and also Halloween....you know that makes me happy! I love those! We have a family owned candy and nut shop in our downtown that's been there forever. I do hope it never closes! I don't know about those crazy balloons but it sure makes you nervous. I hope you have a good rest of this week..almost the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm right there with you in regard to pink...I find it really hard to decorate for spring with all the pastel colors that just aren't "me". Always love the inspiration...such pretty, vintage touches.

    And yes, we're south of you closer to Lake Erie, but still, that incident really makes me uncomfortable. And now, the train derailing and "safe" burning to the North...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Hearts Day Janice. Oh, I love, love, love that old candy sign! And the linsey woolsey... You have some of the most fun things! I collect the old Shadowland Candies tins... It was a candy company in Milwaukee that went out of business years ago. I love the Halloween colors of their tins. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.