Thursday, July 16, 2020

Day Of The Dead


Hope this post finds everyone safe and sound.
Be very afraid though....


It has an eye.


Wait
Two eyes and a nose.


Even teeth.
Oh my!


It's my latest creation.
A Sugar Skull.
Or as they are also called
Day Of The Dead.

Day of the dead is celebrated
yearly on November 2nd.
In Latin America,
folks dress like skulls
and parade around.

It is a day of feasting and praying 
for those loved ones whom have past.
Us Catholics also call this day
All Soul's Day.

Sugar Skulls have gained popularity,
so decided to create a pillow
to be sold at our gift shop for Halloween.

Sugar Skull Blessings To All!
Janice


13 comments:

  1. I would think it will be sold immediately. Good job, not my type but we should try new things, especially now ( or so I was told). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was totally unaware it was called a 'sugar skull', can learn new things even at my age. Am sure it will be someone's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that's what these are called nor their meaning....learn something new everyday! Thank you for that. I happened on your blog and really enjoy it...you'll be hearing from me again. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful you will sell that no problem.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew about the skull and the Day of the dead. I'm Catholic also but we celebrate All Saints Day in church and a visit to the cemetery to pray at the gravesite of our dear departed ones.

    I'm sure someone will be delighted in your Sugar Skull.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our littlest is into the movie Coco, which I think is connected to Day of the Dead. I may have to get him stuff for Christmas if he's still into it by then. Of course, who knows who else would come along in six months. They're so fickle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful!! At Halloween, Disneyland has a wonderful Day of the Dead display. 😊 Kit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janice. You did a great job on the pillow. It should be a hit at Halloween..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the pillow.
    I think this is the year of the dead and I don't mean COVID deaths.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute pillow. Perfect for Day of the Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janice,
    You did a great job on your pillow and someone will definitely adopt it from you!!
    Take care!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's too stinking cute Janice.... Feliz Dia de los Muertos.... (early!) ;-) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.