Thursday, June 25, 2020

Patriotic Corner


Thursday Thoughts.

Bob and I have been mulling around lately.
I do not want to continue climbing 
into our attic space where I have
to pull down the ladder and climb steep stairs
to get to all of my seasonal displays.
Frankly getting hard to do 
plus am tired of doing it.

So do we sell our home,
or add on?

Bob wants to sell.
I on the other hand want to either add on.
or add a second story. 
His cousin the General Contractor says
it's cheaper to add a second story.

Then Bob suggested we remodel our attic
at Back Porch and live above that store.
(dont want the ghosts)
{we know there are ghosts up there}
Or add above the gift shop store.
(less space than our current home)

So we continue to mull...
while we do that, here is my first
July 4th display.


A simple corner space.


I so love these Christmas bells 
in red. silver and blue.
Wish I could find more.
It's like Christmas in July. :-) 


Added my prim flag banner.


A wool applique I created
many moons ago.


So sitting at my desk working
during the day,
I now can view this little display.
(notice my prim Santa)
Yep Christmas in July....
 rather June right now.

Patriotic Corner Blessings To All!
Janice



16 comments:

  1. It's a tough decision...should we stay or should we go? We faced that dilema several times of the past five years, but family circumstances, has determined that we stay put. So, to make "me" happy....we decided to bite the bullet and remodel. We have a good house that is totally suitable for us getting old..the yard is a little too much to keep up, but we have great neighbors,and are close to our kids. The thing is, when you go looking to move...most homes are not move in ready...so you have to do some renovation or updating anyway...you both are younger, so I'm sure you'll make the right decision!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are staying. Started to move things around and now just trying to decide if we add to the back of the house or up. Janice

      Delete
  2. Ahhh....quite the dilemma.... It's easy for me looking in from the outside to say, but the decision would be easy....add on...either a second story or otherwise. It will take a lifetime to recreate what you love about your current home....and personally, while I LOVE second stories and agree it may be easier/more cost effective, would vote for a non-storied add-on.... The older we get, the more difficult stairs become. In fact, WWR came about because we had no first floor master or laundry or walk-in shower.... So, that be my two cents LOL...not that you asked! Love your "view"....haven't even thought of decorating for the 4th yet....Sigh. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes quite the dilemma, but think we will stay.Now to decide if we go up or out with a remodel. Janice

      Delete
  3. Lovely display! It is hard to decide on whether to move or to add on. I hope you can reach a decision that will go smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are staying now. Just going to remodel. Janice

      Delete
  4. It is never easy to make decisions, especially that involve big changes. Love your patriotic display!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice,
    Love your sweet display as always!!! Hope you and Bob can come to a decision that will be a Win/Win for both of you!!! Frankly for me, since I have moved SO MUCH in my life (50 plus times from birth to now) I would vote for remodeling and staying put!!
    Hope you enjoy your week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50 times. WOW. I would stay then if I moved that many times. Just moved 5 times in my life. Janice

      Delete
  6. Decisions, decisions! I hope you find a good solution but we can still enjoy your corner decor! I enjoy decorating patriotic and put up my stuff around Memorial Day and leave it until the end of summer. Red and blue are pretty much my colors around here! Have a good week...and be careful going into that attic on a ladder...ladders are evil! (I'm speaking as a surgical nurse!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks we had some long talks and think we are staying now. Just dont know if we want to add a second story, or add to the back of our house now. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Also, yes things like stairs, hauling, bending, twisting...all getting harder to do. I wouldn't want the ghosts either. I can't wait to hear what you decided.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.