Sunday, June 7, 2020

Le Lit


Which in French means
"The Bed"


We have a 3/4 iron bed
 in our spare room.
We did not realize it at the time
as our antique friend told us it was a twin.
She was wrong.
We still added a twin mattress.
If we wanted a 3/4 bed mattress,
we would need to purchase a queen,
and then they would cut it down.
Not something we want to do right now....
but we have had this bed for 8 years now. LOL 


Yeah you can see my horse in this pic.
It is a dapple gray.


This view is looking into the bedroom
from our hall.


I so love my overshot reversible coverlet.


Looking at the shelf and closet.
Bob took apart our bi-fold door closet.
He added the shelves and small cupboard
at the bottom on the left and hung one 
of the antique salvaged doors
from a 100 year old house 
they were going to tear down.
We have 5 doors that were saved.
The frame around the door was pine and
another architectural piece for the top we found.


The bear claw quilt piece over the bed,
is just there temporarily.
I use to hang a picture
of my maternal great grandpa's sister
Theresa there....unfortunately
I broke the original glass. UGH. 
Hopefully soon the small business glass 
place will re-open.


This is where I want to hang the quilt piece.
I have this little pine table
which holds a water pitcher and basin.
Underneath that is a thunderpot.
Or a chamber pot.
For those who do not know what this is.
It was the indoor toilet.

We will re-visit this room as I transform
it a bit for 4th of July.

I worked our gift shop yesterday,
and again sales were awesome!
So glad folks are supporting small business.
Back at it today.

Le Lit Blessings To All!
Janice




22 comments:

  1. Janice, I like the guest room. Your coverlet is very nice. Wishing great uck at the shop. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant Luck..I should prove read before I click. sorry. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice guest room. We once had a 3/4 bed also. 'Not easy to find affordable mattresses for sure. Looking forward to seeing your 4th of July decor. Glad your business is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danice. That’s why we don’t buy these beds anymore for our store. Janice

      Delete
  4. Lovely looks great why wouldn't you have them cut down a double mattress?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cannot do a double because of the length of it. Sucks though cause I thought at first we could use a double to. Janice

      Delete
  5. Love the coverlet!
    I have a 3/4 rope bed that DSO modified so that I could use a full size mattress. It worked out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Bob could modify but alas he does not. Janice

      Delete
  6. This is a wonderful and most inviting room. I'm amazed you can't order a 3/4 mattress. I would be doing the same thing, but it's a shame you can't max it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie! Yes a shame about the mattress. Janice

      Delete
  7. Bonsoir Janice! Wonderful room! I absolutely love that coverlet as well...looks like it is in amazing condition. I also really like the "picture" above the cabinet next to the bed...looks to be old pattern pieces that have been framed?? Hope the week ahead is a good one for you.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture is pattern pieces for a dress from 1891. Great eye! I love how it is made from heavy paper and not tissue paper like patterns are made from now. Janice

      Delete
  8. Your spare bedroom looks amazing. I hope that you can find a solution for a mattress that fits the 3/4 bed. I love the coverlet.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! Some day we will get the right mattress. Janice

      Delete
  9. I love this room!!!! The quilt is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a walnut 3/4 bed with a full size box spring Dad somehow modified to fit, but don't have a mattress for it. I'm debating between getting proper size box spring & mattress made or get a full size mattress and make do with the seen-better-days box spring. It's even getting hard to find a full size mattress these days!

    Love the coverlet on your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bed and coverlet. And, the entire room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this room. All the blue and antiques - so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.