Friday, November 2, 2018

Falling In Love With Fall

Trick or Treating was a success!
We had 220 kiddos that received a coupon,
along with 2 pieces of candy each.
(their choice)

We had our own ghost stories to tell that night.
For those new to my blog,
we own an antique store with 
an old fashioned candy section 
along with new candy inside.

It was around 6:30pm.
I needed to to use the bathroom.
I have never felt so cold in my entire time
in the 8 years of having the store.
I felt cold as soon as I reached the bathroom,
and the cold air followed me into the bathroom.
{Yikes I felt a spirit}

Right after, Bob needed to use the bathroom.
He came back outside 
where we were passing out candy...
you could say...
he was white as a ghost.
He told me as soon as he reached the bathroom,
he heard 2 men talking.
{Yikes he heard the spirits}
Now I feel violated.
{Someone was in the bathroom with me}

We catch orbs each year on our cameras~
always more than most 
between September and November.
Was told by paranormal folks that 
this time of year the Earth's crust is thinner,
which allows spirits to return.
Return they do.

Do you have any ghost stories to tell?

So back to my post.

Autumn is truly my favorite time of year.
Love the vibrant colors,
of Autumn leaves and oh yes
Pumpkins please. :-)



Autumn colors were my part
 of my inspiration
 for my latest hooking project.
Being an artist,
blues and oranges
 always compliment each other.
{I had to learn the color wheel in school}


This buttocks basket was
 the second part for my inspiration.


5 different shades of blue wool were used.
2 shades of orange.
4 shades of brown.
Plus a limey green and yellow.
Where's the yellow Janice?



The first 2 pics are the true colors
of this rug.

Bittersweet is my favorite Autumn vine.
That's the yellow.


Here is the partly finished rug.
Need to steam and put a backing on.
{{ not sure where that shadow came from }}
Don't fret...
I will be featuring this rug again on
my November CupboardScape.
Cannot wait to show you what I have planned
for this month.


What makes you Fall in love with Fall?

Falling In Love With Fall Blessings To All!
Janice





14 comments:

  1. Okay Janice, now you are scaring me!!!! Hopefully the spirits are friendly...On a more earthly note, your little rug is absolutely the cutest. Love the basket design and the colors are gorgeous. So pretty. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit wild that night, but nothing to report after tat. Janice

      Delete
  2. I love the colors and e tucking in
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stories, yes. But none of them good. Jesus saved me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shop sounds wonderful and oh my goodness! what a good size group to show up! How scary about the spirits! Love the rug, such pretty colors! I love these pleasant calm days that we are having. We take long walks and enjoy the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your ghost story! Your shop sounds delightful! I love the rug and the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH this rug is so cute. I love the dimensions on the berries . Great job. Glad I wasn't there and needed to use the bathroom Spooky

    Linda m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I have been there all weekend with no incidents...I am not afraid, but some spirits do attach themselves to objects. I loved the colors too.Something about orange and blue. Always have loved that color combo. Janice

      Delete
  7. Yes, I do believe. I have many "ghost stories" - love yours! Also, the rug is super!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.