Thursday, December 7, 2017

My Winter Go To


Here in Michigan we have been having
some unusually mild temperatures.


However things are changing today.


As the weather gets chilly and snowy.


I will be settling in with my favorite
Winter drink.


If you guessed hot chocolate...
you were correct!
I found these sweet Santa mugs at our vintage show.


They each have their own personality.
Along with my jars filled with chocolate and marshmallows,
fresh mint (which I have to put back in the fridge now)
and peppermint candies...


My perfect go to display for my favorite 
Winter drink!


I would like to share with you,
gramma H's
Hot Chocolate recipe.

1 cup water
2 oz bakers unsweet chocolate
1/2 cup sugar
3 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla

Cook the chocolate in water in a pot on the stove.
Heat on low to medium heat and stir with wooden spoon,
until chocolate is melted.
Add sugar and mix well.
Bring to a boil and cook 2-3 minutes,
stirring constantly.
Gradually add milk and whisk until blended.
Stir in vanilla and continue to cook 
another 2-3 minutes.

Being part French...
we sometimes also add a bit of cinnamon.
Depends on my mood. ;-)

Hope you enjoy this tasty treat!

Do you have a go to food or drink 
that warms you up this time of year?

Hot Chocolate Weather Blessings To All!
Janice


7 comments:

  1. very sweet display.
    our big treat was hot chocolate made with hershey chocolate that is for cooking. There is a recipe on the container.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute and yes, those santa mugs have personality

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope this day is going better then the day before. i also love hot coco however being diabetic its a no no so hot herbal pepperment tea is my go to now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet display. I've never been a hot chocolate fan, probably because I never had it as a child. I don't care much for hot drinks at all. I never drink coffee but on a rare occasion I will have a hot tea.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janice, I have two Santa mugs out in my home as well. They came from my childhood where we had a set of them to use in the family for special drinks like hot chocolate. They are very dear to me and bring back a flood of memories. I love your three tiered holder for all the necessary ingredients too for hot chocolate. I saw recently that Peeps has these peppermint star marshmallows for Christmas for hot chocolate. Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love this post. Mine and your style are very similar for the festive season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed all your Christmas displays. Great treasures. I love antique and vintage xmas items and have them interspersed with my xmas decorations.

    Merry Christmas, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.