Saturday, January 28, 2012

Color Trends

Color trends come and they go.
Pantone LLC publishes its the color of the year annually.
Below are the last five years of the colors they have chosen.

 

Blue Iris (2008)

 

Mimosa (2009)

 

Turquoise (2010)

Pantone Color of the Year 2011: Honeysuckle
 

Honeysuckle (2011)

PANTONE Tangerine Tango Journal
Tangerine Orange (2012)

Now I am not much into these color trends,
 and being the prim person that I am,
these colors do not really turn me on.

But it did get me to thinking....

I just bought myself a new "OLD" Quilt
The colors in this quilt...

Are almost similar to the colors of today.
These colors are just faded from many washings
and was well loved...
so I guess I should retract my first statement. lol
Apparently I do like these color trends!
Just worn loved ones...

This pattern is called the Dresden Plate

Prim Colorful Warm Blessings to All
Janice








4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful quilt Janice. There's nothing like a well worn quilt. We can't make a new one look like that. I love my old quilts.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not wild about those colors either, but in the quilt they are beautiful!
    Happy Weekend,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little worried about you my prim friend when I started reading this post - but - oh yeah - you got it definitely back on track with that gorgeous quilt!! Sometimes I am amazed at what some of the "old" textiles really looked like new. Positively garish some were.....But age softens and beautifies everything....well - almost everything - isn't working to great on my face these days. ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... love your new, old quilt! Those colors are beautifully worn, just the way I like them, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.