Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Whippy Wednesday


Hello my friends.
Today I have a few WIP's to share.
First up is Love Always.
This is my daily lunch project now.
I really would like to get this one finished,
even though it will be put away until next
Valentine's Day.
I sure do need to get some projects completed. LOL
 

As you know am not a fan of pink,
but the rosy pinks in this piece I am loving.
I hate putting it down every day.
I thought there would be lots of frogging
in this one with the right side of the house,
but surprisingly I had none.
Was debating on whether to keep the kitty
gray or change to brown.
Bob said keep it gray for our Shadow kitty.
Not finished though.



Here is pattern cover.
So glad the called for floss colors are more muted.


Next up is Spring Gathering.
I decided to stay with the called for floss
for the bunny.
Sometimes you just have to trust the designer.
I may do an outline around his tail though,
since it is hard to see with my linen choice.
Alas this one did not get done in time for 
my Spring displays.
I worked on this one for a few hours last Saturday.
So many projects I want to do...
so little time to do them all.


Here is the Spring Gathering pattern.
Using all the called for floss,
even though my eggs are not pink.
Also the bunny's chest is white in the pic too,
whereas more of a cream in the called for floss
This is also fine by me.
Sometimes these patterns pics are not the colors at all.


Finally Block 5 of
Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.
This baby was almost a full coverage block.
It took me 16 evenings and 2 Saturdays to complete.
Was not a fan of this one from the get go.
To me this did not SCREAM Halloween.
If not for the 2 bats and 2 skulls in the water,
to me this was just an under water scene.
Also the larger necklace above the skull was suppose
to be completed in all French knots.
I chose to do cross stitches....
did not want to do that many knots.


The next block will actually be 2 blocks in 1.
I will start on the left side first.
Do you want me to show you 
my progress next month?
Or should I wait & show in 2 months?
Hopefully I will finish by then...
Let me know.
At least I will enjoy doing this next one.
Yaya will love it too!


Blocks 1, 2 and 5.


Blocks 3 and 4.

Smell my feet and little pear were kept
in the cabinet this month.
Too much time spent on this big project.

In other news,
The workers who took out my daughters dishwasher,
did something with the waterline.
Now she has a leak....
She is running on empty.
She works full time.
She has to take my granddaughter 
to school and back since she cannot walk now.
She continues to go to the house for inspections.
She continues with her back therapy.
She still has her charity planning event weekly.
She was so tired the other day, she fell asleep
at her jobs parking lot when she arrived for work.
So glad she did not fall asleep at the wheel. 

My mom will be coming on Thursday.
I will see if she can bring her roll recipe.
Will share for those who wanted it.

Also thank you to those who sent cards for Larry.
You know who you are.
I will give them to him on Saturday.

Whippy Wednesday Blessings To All!
Janice


12 comments:

  1. Good morning, your needlework is lovely I enjoy seeing them and your progress-so share when you are ready to.
    I love the little grey kitty.
    so sorry about the life struggles for your daughter.
    Happy Easter can't believe it's this weekend
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your stitching is such fun - I love seeing it! Oh my - so sorry for all your daughter is going through - why does it seem so many things have to happen at once? Enjoy your mom’s visit - it will be good to have everyone together. And thank you for asking for the roll recipe - I’d love having a tried and true one. 🩷. My grandmother made the best rolls and bread and I was too young when she passed to know I should ask her to write recipes down for me. Enjoy the week and holiday together

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw the kitty - before reading what Bob said - I immediately thought of Shadow. Glad you stuck with the grey. I'm not a pink girl either but I do like that piece. And WOW on the Hawk Run Hollow! I am so in love with this piece. YES! show us your progress next month...don't wanna wait 2! So sorry to hear of your daughter's continuing and mounting woes and stress. Praying for strength for her to get through these days. Have a blessed Easter. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, love all your stitching, especially the bunny. Such well thought out patterns and they look so beautiful when you do them. Hope things will get easier for your daughter and enjoy the holiday with your mom..Happy Easter xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your needle work looks great. I once made a pillow with all French knots. Think it is called candlewicking but not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your stitching and you should show us an update next month.
    I'm sorry for all your daughter is dealing with. It's a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stitcheries. Am sorry your daughter is having such a difficult time right now and hope all gets settled down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I do want to see progress reports! I love what I've seen so far -- it's simply lovely, every single stitch.

    I really feel for your daughter. She's definitely running on empty. I hope she can get a break soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many fun sticheries and you are one fast stitcher. Amazing progress on them all, but the Halloween piece is solid crosses!!! Yikes.
    Your poor daughter. What a nightmare.
    Happy birthday to Larry ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing updates on your lovely projects, and a smooth way out of troubles for your dear daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful projects you are working on and a BIG YES for the Halloween one! It's adorable! I'll look forward to seeing it done. I'm so sorry your daughter has so many trials in her life. I'll keep her in my prayers. I hope you have a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, not to Halloweenie...but, the others are. I love watching the progress. You're poor daughter, hang in there. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.