Thursday, March 7, 2024

First Stop Germany

Good morning friends.
Well I got some pics of Mikayla's
stop in Germany.
From Detroit they first landed
in Frankfort Germany.
Had a 2 hour layover and
then hopped another plane to Berlin Germany.
They arrived around 9:00 am,
checked into their hotel and were off by bus to 
The Neues Palais
The "New Palace" in English.


Here the group is in front of the palace.
A little back story on this palace.
After the Seven Years War in 1763,
then King Friedrich began construction
of this palace.
It was finished three years after in 1769.
It is located in Potsdam Germany.
Considered the last great Prussian Baroque palace.
This was the last royal residence of
Great King Friedrich.


All of these pictures are from inside the palace.
Just amazing detail and grandeur in my opinion.
















Hope you enjoyed her stop in Germany.

In other news,
Mikayla almost burned down my 
daughters house the other day.
She decided to make homemade popcorn.
Put the butter in the pan.
Went into her bedroom to facetime a boy,
forgetting about the butter.
When the smoke alarm went off,
the microwave was already melted above the stove.
She called her mom and said,
"Mom not sure if the microwave will work anymore."
My daughter got home and smelled
 the smoke from her yard.
She went inside looked at her kitchen,
and walked out and called me.
Mom she said, I had to walk out before I killed someone.
I said "who are you going to kill"
She said "Mikayla"
I then said what did she do?
She told me and said said she was going to the bar.
All I said back was dont drink
 too much and try to drive home.
I then called Mikayla.
A claim was made for the repairs and
a cleaning crew will come in to remove 
all of the smoke. There was soot on all of the walls.  

That same evening there was a warehouse
explosion that made the national news.
That building was 6 miles from my daughter's.
Same daughter as I only have one.
This was around 9:00 now.
She called me again asking if I could hear anything.
I am 45 min from her. I did not.
She heard the explosions for over an hour.
Was getting emergency notifications on her phone
not to go outside.
She thought a war had started it was that bad.
Unfortunately a young 19 year old man
died from debris a mile away.
I pray for his family.
Such a tragic loss.

Lauren from Rugs and Pugs
inquired on sending a birthday card to Larry.
If anyone would like to, please send me an email.
primsbythewater@yahoo.com
and I will give you my address to send to me.
I will then give them to him at his party 
at the end of the month.
Thank you.

Have to get to work.
It's almost the weekend.

German Blessings To All!
Janice




 

16 comments:

  1. Such an opulent palace. Yikes on the popcorn.
    We did hear about the explosion here on our news and the young man who died so very sad.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That fire was a close call! Michayla is a talented photographer (the pix are great and it looks like a wonderful trip) but if she wants to live long enough to return, she needs to step up in the micro-cooking department! I'm glad that was the worst of it. Your poor daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That old world architecture is my favorite. I’m sure that is real gold in some of those furnishings and decorations. Amazing it survived a war!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a palace - can you imagine living in that every day? She took great photos! Oh my - the popcorn and explosion - too much stress for all of you.. We heard a car backfire several times outside of a pharmacy a couple days ago and I was sure it was a shotgun - it’s all so hard to take in these days. Take care -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mikayla needs to work on her distractions and stay focused. Am sure that episode was a wake-up for her. Did she say what the wall with the red letters and photos meant?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what a time for your daughter... I would have thought a war started too.
    Sending her a hug.
    Thank you for sharing Germany with us. :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those old castles are just amazing ! Great pictures...
    Oh ,Yikes about the popcorn , smoke & soot ....thank goodness the smoke detector went off .

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow unbelievable mess-lucky she did not burn the whole house down.
    gorgeoous photos of the palace glad it didn't get destroyed from wars over the years-
    take are

    ReplyDelete
  9. That castle is just gorgeous!
    I bet Mikayla's heart dropped when she realized what she had done and was not looking forward to talking to her mom!
    So glad it wasn't worse though.
    That explosion is awful. I didn't hear anything about that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos of the castle. Thanks for sharing! The castles and cathedrals were some of my favorite places to visit when I was in Europe although I also loved the windmills of Castilla - La Mancha for some reason. Yikes on the popcorn escapade. It would be a funny story to recall in years to come if, by some twist of fate, Mikayla ended up marrying the boy who so captured her attention (and good sense LOL). I had not heard about the explosion but, then again, I live under a rock here. So sad about the young man who lost his life. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  11. The palaces in Europe are simply breathtaking. I just loved touring them and the cathedrals are also beyond beautiful.
    Good thing there were smoke alarms in your daughter's house. Very scary.
    Yes, I did read about that poor young man. I always say that when the "big guy" has your number he is going to get you some way. I mean what are the odds? My heart breaks for his family.
    Please send my your snail mail address ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Germany photos were wonderful! I have a photo that belonged to my Dad when he fought in WWII. It's one of Berlin and it certainly didn't look like your pics. All bombed to pieces. Better days now for sure! That fire sounded awful! I'm glad no one was hurt and insurance will make it all new again. Take care Janice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First, beautiful pictures!
    Second, we all make mistakes...that was a costly one...my niece burned my sister's home just last year - they still aren't living in it. (yikes)
    Third, that was terrible, poor boy and family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post has a good one ( the photos displaying the splendor of the palace in Germany), a bad one ( the microwave disaster), a tragic one ( the dead young man in an explosion).
    May we hear and witness only good news and things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos. I've always wanted to visit Germany. So sorry about the microwave incident. Glad no one was hurt. We had a similar situation when my daughter was young. So sad that the young man lost his life in the warehouse explosion. Last year, a nearby apartment building here had an explosion and a woman died. Prayers for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.