Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Spring Is Here

Spring is here,
although we had snow off and on yesterday.
Here are some snippets of my Spring displays.
I know Robin will be drooling at the last pic.
Saundra and Lauren may like my mat.
For those who like bunnies like me, will like this too.
 













So this bunny mold was something Bob brought
home a few weeks ago.
A customer came to the store and just gave it to him.
She would not take any money for it...
and because Bob still has short term memory loss,
he does not remember who gave it to him.
When he showed it to me, I was in shock.
This is a $500 antique mold.
This treasure will be loved forever by me.
I could never imagine spending 
this kind of money for this piece. 
(which is why I never had one)
There was a lady from Germany whose blog I followed.
She stopped blogging now.
Each Easter she showed her antique bunny molds.
I always drooled looking at them all.
Thank you, thank you to the customer
who gave this to Bob.
You have no idea what this means to me.

In other news,
Chatty Crone asked me what museum glass is.
It is a glass that is non- reflective while being
super clear. 
In other words, 
it will not have a glare like normal glass.

My daughter and kiddos stayed at a hotel
over the weekend, and now will be temporarily
housed in an apartment near them until
the house is fully cleaned..
It will take approximately three months.
They will need to remove everything from
her house, then determine what can be saved
or what needs to replaced.
She took what she wanted and also took pics
of everything just in case something comes
up missing.

One of my co-workers who had fought cancer,
has passed away the other day at only 46.
She has 4 school aged children.
She went on disability about seven years
 ago to spend more quality time with 
her family.
At that time she was only given a year to live.
She frequented the University of Michigan
hospital for all of her treatments.
Which is hard, because it is almost a three
hour drive from us here.
Please say a wee prayer for her family.
Her husband's father and my father were cousins.
It is a small world out there. 

Well have to get my butt in gear to drive to work.
Hope everyone enjoys their first day of Spring.
Stop and smell the flowers.
Or in my case, stop and count the robins.
There were over 25 robins on the lawn 
yesterday at work. I did stop to count them.
The most in one area I have ever seen.

Spring Has Arrived Blessings To All!
(at least on paper now)
Janice

 


15 comments:

  1. You'd be right that I like your new hooked mat, am guessing you hooked it, right? And, I too love bunnies and watch them thru the window when they come out to eat. Guess it's not quite time for them to freely roam as I haven't seen one yet this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, this is a packed post-I love your displays and you are so good with these. Loved all the bunnies-wow your gifted mold is real treasure! I have three sizes of cast iron bunny molds to make cakes in. we had collected allot of cast iron over the years. sorry for your family's loss. I miss seeing robins, since moving rural to Missouri we just never see them any more-first sign of spring for sure.
    Have a good day and happy spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not feeling like Spring, but it can't be long, right?
    I love all your bunnies and the other decorations!
    That bunny mold is a treasure, so sweet for her to give it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring inspiration looks great, it shows me that I can do spring with prim and antiques and not have to be full of pastels ! The bunny mold is amazing. What a wonderful soul to have shared it with you, I can tell you’re thrilled-yay!! wow a popcorn accident means 3 months out of their home – yikes, Smart idea to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got everything all Springy - cozy for Spring ,our weather took a dive down into the 20's last night , so sorry for the loose of your friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring - my mom always said spring was not a season it was a blessing.
    I see what you did with your items in your store - you put a touch of spring with everything. I like that. Brightens it up.
    Gosh what a nice gift - that bunny mold. WOWOWOWOW
    Thanks for answering me about the glass - that is really good to know. I imagine when you look at it you see it much clearer.
    Did you daughter have a fire in her home? I missed that. Well Mary said a popcorn accident?
    Prayers for that family I am so sorry.
    Sandie
    I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and yes -

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much eye candy, and yes, the hooked mat is very sweet.
    Oh, that mold!!! What a treasure. I love it.
    3 months to clean the house. Holy hell having to remove everything. I would totally lose it.
    Prayers for your co-workers family. I cannot even begin to imagine what the kids are going thru. Absolutely heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for the loss of a lovely person
    The mold is beautiful. A mystery for sure, the person doesn't know the value.
    Happy Spring!

    The tulip pillow, that is a nice motif, a change from what I usually see. Great displays all

    ReplyDelete
  9. so very sad about that your woman.
    You have wonderful decorations and what a gift.
    Good luck to your daughter with her insurance claim
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bunny molds. Didn't know they went for that kind of money. Guess I'll never have one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so very right - I am drooling over the mold. You know my weakness. But I am also loving all the other bunnies. They've always been a favorite of mine. Yikes on your daughter's house. I knew it was serious, but didn't quite appreciate how serious. I sure hope her daughter is properly chagrinned...well, at least for a while. That's a sweet little mat too. I don't recall seeing that before? So sad about your co-worker. That was the age my father died from cancer and it was a hard-knock world...before and after. I'll be praying for the family left behind. We've been windy and chilly here (normal kind of chilly for this time of year) and I understand snow is again in the forecast for Friday - Sunday. Ick. Just ick. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Oh my the bunny mold. It is lovely. What a true treasure and special story!!!
    Do you know when I was little we had butter shaped as a lamb for on the Easter table... I wonder how they made those and if they still do?
    Sending prayers and hugs for all the sadness around.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so feel for your daughter. What a mess and what an upheaval. She m ust be a very strong woman and I hope things work out well. And deep sympathies for the loss of your friend. It sounds like a long, tough fight. Yourbunnies are wonderful and i love the bunny mold story. What a treasured gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Janice, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and for your daughter's situation. What a lot to deal with. Wow, that was a wonderful gift of the bunny mold and a great story to tell. Happy Spring xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Spring displays (bunnies, flowers, vases..) are pretty Janice! Love the story with the bunny mould.
    Wishing your daughter a very smooth time until she can move back into her house!
    Sorry for the loss of your co-worker - what a tragedy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.