Tuesday, August 1, 2023

A Hot Mess


Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Today I wanted to show you 
what I am living with during bedroom redos.
 

A hot mess indeed.
Mess everywhere.
This was a drysink. 


This is my work desk....
but moving it close to the tv was not a good idea.
I was using that table for more papers and mess. UGH


This is where the tv use to be before my
brainy idea to move it.
I wanted the couch here to prevent Tundra
from barking at our neighbors in the window
where it was moved from. 
They live in Florida and only come here for the Summer.
Both are teachers and wanted a Summer home up here.
Well Tundra is not use to them...
so he barks every time they pull 
in or out of their driveway.
My couch has become a mess since moving here.
Tundra messes it up all of the time now.
(take that mom for not letting me
lookout the window now).


Well moving the tv where these chairs were
meant I had to move the chairs in front of the fireplace.
Another not so bright idea of mine.


We wont be able to use the fireplace 
if these stay here.

Well I told Bob,
things have to change.
So this room will be next on the list.
This one will involve lots
of furniture moving.

In other news,
Saturday we went to my son's girlfriend's
40th birthday party.
Our family loves Kim.
This is why my mom came down.


I neglected to get a pic of Kim,
but here is my son Matt,
He and Kim share the same birthday,
which was July 31st, yesterday,
only she is a year older.

We went out to dinner the one night,
and no one had a great dining experience.
Bob ended up vomitng overnight.
My mom's fish was overcooked.
Mine was just so-so.
Not a good thing for a new owner.
We use to love this restaurant.
Not sure if we will be going back now. 

The next evening was the party, and Matt cooked 
everyone hot dogs and hamburgers.
Lots of food and all was good.

Sunday night Bob and I and his dad
went to another restaurant we dont go to
because we had a bad experience there
when they first opened a few years ago.
We were assured by his dad it was better.
Well after an hour we finally got our food.
None of us were impressed,
so Bob told his dad never again.
Bob said we need to eat in for awhile.

My mom noticed the pictures on the wall
and made a comment.
She does not like primitives.
For my new followers,
she lived in a cabin for a year
before her parents built their farmhouse.
Their farmhouse had no running water or electricity.
She lived the primitive life and hates
all of the furniture that reminds her of it...
which is what I have and like.
So no she did comment on any of our re-arranging.
She does not care.

No More Mess Blessings To All!
Janice

13 comments:

  1. Living in the middle of chaos while renovating is no fun!
    And I'm sorry you went out to two bad restaurants! I'd want to eat in for a while too.
    I thought of you this weekend, We went to friends for dinner and they've been working on their house. She loves primitives and has it decorated so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon the mess will be gone with rooms reorganized and refreshed. I prefer to eat in and don't mind cooking at all. Even tho the cooking is just for me I'm worth the effort. Tonight's dinner will be left over baked chicken breast and broccoli so no cooking tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is really hard to visualize what a new arrangement will look like til you do it, that's what I go go through too change it and then don't like it, when we first retired we moved to the woods and only heated with wood til my husband couldn't do that hard work any more chopping down trees and then splitting all that I enjoyed the experience very much but no running water water etc is a lot of work.
    I love seeing all of your primitives if I could time travel I would go to the early 1800's out west
    sorry eating out was a bad experience-we stopped going out to eat about 8 years ago or so I rather make it for us
    Happy new week and month Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. note we Did have all the utilities and running water etc

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to the July 31st Couple! That will be such fun for them to have a party party.
    Love the upholstery fabric on your chairs.
    The dry sink, I have an antique wash stand that looks similar. Bought it at a thrift store for five dollars because the door was broken and the backsplash is missing. Round dove tails on the drawers. I forget the label's name. I think they stopped using the round peg joinery 1939(?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to the July 31st couple, home cooking is the best.

    I hope order will come out of your chaos very soon. Change the most important first and everything else will fall into place.

    Having a bad restaurant experience is so disappointing but having two bad restaurant experiences in a row is down right annoying. They won't stay opened for long with bad service.

    Like your mom, I'm not crazy about early primitive but can appreciate it sentimental value. Some primitive decor I really like when done with good taste and flair as I've seen in magazines. I know you'll have it all figured out, sooner or later.
    Good luck with this redo.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to all. :-)
    I understand wanting to eat at home after several bad restaurant experiences.
    Looking forward to seeing how you re do your rooms.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday wishes to son and his girlfriend!
    Eating out can be great...or not. Sorry you had bad experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to them both I have a daughter turning 40 this year too.
    We are redoing a bathroom and some how the whole main floor is a mess. I painted today to hopefully try and get things put back
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your son and his girlfriend. I'm glad the cookout was good but what a disappointing time you've had with eating out! I hate when I waste money on something that turns out crummy. Sounds like the first days of August weren't the best but I have confidence in you that all will be in order soon and not a hot mess anymore! Isn't it amazing how one project can upset a whole house? We're going to be redoing the livingroom due to a simple TV upgrade! So far it's been a crazy first week of August here too. Hang in there friend..it will soon be all good again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rearranging is always stressful like a puzzle, move one piece and even more have to follow. It will be great when it is complete. Happy belated birthday to your son and his girlfriend. Have a blessed weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moving or renovating bring with them quite a mess. Things will , however, turn to normal. in no time. Just a bit of patience.
    Happy belated Birthday to son Matt and his girlfrienf Kim!
    Tundra's cute, and your Mom's not liking primitive decor is understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have absolutely no visualization skills so I totally get the "bright ideas." I also have no concept of size/space and that, combined with the latter, can spell hot mess quite easily. And I know from WWR how one "change" can spiral into something wholly unmanageable. I have every confidence you will bring order to the chaos and make the most charming arrangements. Happy belated birthday wishes to the birthday peeps! ~Robin~ (Love your chairs!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.