Thursday, August 17, 2023

August CupboardScape

Whilst driving 400 miles in three days
for our annual mother daughter antique trail,
I noticed lots of red popping up.
Its that time of year where 
the red flowers shine while
 the trees and bushes start to turn red.


Following Nature's lead,
I decided to just add in some
of my reds for this month's cupboardscape. 


Faux red geraniums and stone fruit.


My red bowl, quilt pillow and more fruit.


Red Firkin (sugar bucket) with 
another red bowl on top.
Vintage tomato pincushions round this out.


The repro red coverlet runner wraps up the red.


Are you noticing the reds popping around you?
Summer is dwindling down it seems.

In other news,
while visiting a fellow shop owner on my mini trip,
she told me that she watched the tornado
from last month rip through her back property.
It toppled two of her oldest trees.
One was over 200 years old.
I was gasping that she was watching this.
She watched it cross the road North of her
and turn into a waterspout.
Her early farmhouse  and adjoining shop
is across the road from 
Lake Huron. 
The view of the lake is amazing there.
You can see water for miles.
If I saw this tornado,
I would have been hiding somewhere.
YOUZERS

Also this really bothers me.
Our president is touting to send $700 to each
household of the Maui fire.
What the heck can anyone buy with $700.
These folks lost everything and some their lives.
Yet he just authorized another $40 million
to Ukraine.
Dont get me wrong, Ukraine does need help,
however we should be taking care if US (Maui) first
dont you think?

Well have to get to work.
More severe storms possible this afternoon.
UGH

August Blessings To All!
Janice
 

 

8 comments:

  1. Love those reds. Changing out your cupboard scapes keeps you busy just with that task.
    Yes, the $700 is despicable. So is putting illegals in hotels, giving them a phone, etc. And remember there is an illicit marriage between Ukraine and the Biden boys. Oh, and let's not forget his being a puppet of China and the cartels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red and I've seen a few trees sporting a few red leaves already. I do have an apple tree that has red apples on it for the first time since we planted it! We've had bad storms here too but they have skipped over us except for the rain and humidity! I enjoy the sunny days between the rain and hope the humidity takes a turn south!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sailing into fall just fine. How horrid for her to watch the destruction
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frankly, I think we've sent all that we can to the Ukraine. No more. We have our own to think about.

    Love the reds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ukraine is one of THE MOST corrupt countries. I think we have done more than enough. I would love to know how many pockets have been lined with our money. It is time to take care of our citizens. Citizens...not illegals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read that red is "the" hot color this autumn. Suits me fine red has always been a favorite of mine. I thought the same when I read that...then again, I have had reservations about the massive aid packages to Ukraine from the get-go. Don't misunderstand me...it's a travesty what is happening to the Ukrainian people, but so very few understand the underpinnings of how this all happened and why we are involved. Ugly business that. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watched the tornado instead of getting to shelter? Not on a bet!

    I think a pop of red is also a plus. It just is happy and there are so many shades of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your reds are really pretty. While not a favorite color of mine, reds are appearing everywhere, I specially love your little red quilt pillow and the firkin ('learned a new word)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.