Friday, August 25, 2023

My Inspiration

Bob and I love the old horror movies.
We try to watch Svengoolie every Saturday night. 
We always tape the shows in case we miss it.
Last year we watched the original
Frankenstein movie starring Boris Karloff.
It was then last year as we watched this classic,
that I decided this would be my Halloween 
theme  for this year.
 

I drew up my own version of some Frankie's


Head and body.



I had purchased these heavy springs years ago.
I pulled them out and knew they would be perfect.


I only had 4 springs, so I made four Frankenstein's.


I then used the Boris Karloff image.
Printed on gray cardstock and framed.
These are selling quickly already.


I also had to make the Bride of Frankenstein.
These are selling fast too.


Finally I created this OOAK Frankie.


He had a candy corn necklace.
He sold the weekend opening of our
Mad Scientist room.

Now for a few sneak peek pics.
I took these with the overhead lights off
for a more creepy look just for you.


I used blue rope lights to make it look
like the blue blood was coming out of 
the skeleton into the glass bottle.


Hung this full size skeleton from the ceiling.
Also had more blue lights coming from 
his chest cavity into another glass bottle
on the other side of the room.
I also hung fabric bats underneath him.


I added blue Christmas lights inside
the ribs of another full size skeleton.
Bob duct taped him to the chair.


For the fireplace display,
I wanted it to look like 
blue electricity coming from these
two glass bottles.
Bob found me some blue heavy duty wire
so it looks like it is floating in air in the middle.
I had to twist the wire around the Christmas lights.
The white lights on the bottom are xray images.
Hard to see those in the dark though.

Will show the entire room again
with plenty of pics not seen here in
an upcoming post.

In other news,
Bob and I ate outside on our porch every night
until Wednesday when more storms came in.
Last night we had some doozies come in.
Lightning everywhere.
I thought for sure we would lose power.
Thankful we did not.

Speaking of storms.
Been crocheting up a storm some
stockings for the gift shop and for
my own Christmas tree.
Drew out a Santa pattern that I need to work on.
Then am going to make some different
Candy Canes.
Also been mulling over another rug would like to hook.
Just no time right now for that.

Well YAY its Friday!
What are your plans or the weekend?

Frankie Inspiration Blessings To All!
Janice









11 comments:

  1. good morning you are so creative! congrats too on your sales we are still super hot and humid in the100's still but a cool down is predicted over the weekend hoping so. this weekend is a huge boat race at the lake all sorts of boats we can see some of th boats out our window as they tour the lake (not the race though) Happy weekend Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your Frankenstein and little Frankie. Your decorating idea is fantastic as usual so no wonder your items sell well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, Fun, Fun!! Love it! Your Frankies are wonderful! Jack watches Svengoolie every week too..me not so much. I usually work on Fridays and by evening I'm ready for an early to bed and late to rise day! You have so many good ideas and I sure hope everything sells..which I'm sure they will! Today is Jack's 70th bday..I'll have to make a post just for him! Enjoy your weekend! We had tons of roads closed due to tons of rain and had the same storms you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your Frankies are such fun!
    I live under a rock, I know. Never heard of Svengoolie.
    Store displays looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this could be my favorite year!!! Well done!

    I just heard about the storms that hit Michigan on the radio. Sending prayers,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too, too, creative. Love the light effects...it really does look like electricity! Fun stuff - no doubt it will be a hit. Can't wait to see the xrays in full light. Still no rain here - and unbelievably hot the past 2 days although today was better and the weekend is to be cool. I used to watch Svengoolie when I went to the lake house (we don't have dish/cable there) and it was one of the few channels we got. Unfortunately, we don't get it here. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. We I was a kid a friend and I would stay up late watching old Hitchock movies scared the bejeepers out of us.
    Love how creative you are
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your displays are getting better every year. Your Frankies are the bomb. You are very creative. One part of the fun is creating and the other part of the fun is seeing it fly off your shelves.

    Happy sales.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just so, so creative! These are amazing...and Frankie, well, he's just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a fan of horror movies, but I'm a great admirer of your creativity. No wonder, you're items sell well. Keep up the good work, as they say.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.