Sunday, August 13, 2023

Seeing Red

 Hello prim friends and all of my other blog friends.
Hope your weekend is going well for you.
Well we finally got our living room completed.


I am loving the color red lately.
Don't get me wrong, I still love my blues,
but red has been catching my eye lately. 
I traded in my blue throw curtains for these red ones.


The true color is in the previous pic.
I purchased two primitive throws for my curtains.
These are a darker red.


Previously I had these blue coverlet throws as curtains.
These were washed and put aside for the back room.
They will be re-used as throws.


We replaced the antique rag rug that was here.
I purchased this red one now.
We moved the white couch back to the other room,
and put this one here in the living room now.
This was a chore in itself.
We had to put the white one into the hall and carry this one
outside the back door and into the front door.
We could not carry it through the house without
moving more cabinets...so opted to do this.
Which meant we had to keep Tundra in the front
of the house while taking it outside,
then closing Tundra back up in the back room
while coming through the front door.
Same when we had to move the white couch back.
Tundra was confused.


This was our previous antique rug.



I really wanted this as a rug.
It was only sold as stair runners. UGH
Now it is on or table in the front of our couch.


Close up of the new rug with the sun coming through.


I decided to place my new table here in the middle.
The blanket chest we had used as a table
in front of the white couch is now in the front window here.
This will prevent Tundra from barking at everything. LOL


Having the table here now reminds me
of some of the houses we visited in the museums.
A lot of them had a table by the front door.
Also you can see our hickory floor 
with the floor rug gone.


We also swapped out tv's.
The small one is now here on the drysink,
while the bigger one is in the back.
I had to fold the coverlet from the guest bedroom
and place it here before my mom came.
She is allergic to wool.
I picked her up on Thursday and she spent
the night with us and then she and I went
on the antique trail.

So now that leaves the back room to redo.
This is going to take forever.....
I still have my Christmas tree, Christmas totes,
and Fall totes stacked up in there from last year.
Bob promised me this Spring those would go
into the garage.....still in the back room.

In other news,
the antique trail was a bust for trying to find
items for the store.
I did find some things for the house.
Will show in another post.

Torrential rains hurt Bob's parking lot sale.
Mom and I avoided the rain while we were out.
We were North of the storms.

Please say a wee prayer for those affected
in Maui. Such a tragedy.

So far the Mad Scientist theme is a hit with customers.
Hopefully store sales will increase.
Speaking of store, heading out to work
the gift shop now.

Seeing Red Blessings To All!
Janice

12 comments:

  1. Those poor people in Maui. They have my prayers.
    So funny. You are the redecorating queen and I never change things. You are much more ambitious than I ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good. I like your red additions.
    The fires in Maui are so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I am equipped to deal with that amount of change LOL. Of course, you must have much larger rooms and a much larger house overall than I do. There is only room for one couch here and it is an old apartment-sized mohair couch that has been recovered more times than I can count as a conventional size couch will not fit. I have always wanted to get a chair and a half - especially now that Rajah no longer fits with me in my regular chair but, alas, it would never fit here. Anyways...love all your tweaks and updates. Good luck with the back room. And, yes, prayers for Maui. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. We change smaller things but no where near what you do. You sure keep things interesting.
    So sad for Maui
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I never change anything either unless there an urgent need to. I guess, as I'm getting older, I'm in acceptance that everything is as it should be for now or maybe it's because I don't have time to even think of it. Lol.

    I hope that the change will bring you satisfaction. Good luck with the sales.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What happened in Maui is so so sad and so scary. You just never know what things life will throw at you. Prayers for them for sure. I love red and I like all the changes here. Love your floors too! Yes, you do change things around but it keeps it interesting and I'm always wishing I had the room to move more things around. Have a good week Janice and post some mad scientist pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allot of work but sounds really nice. I don't usually change much, here at the lake there really isn't much to change around with the small rooms-but that's ok our furniture is really heavy-but thinking yours is too-Have an awesome new week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all, and yes, that pop of red is always a favorite with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janice: Isn't it fun to change things around? Your living room looks really pretty. I love the red rug. Red has the ability to make everything seem clearer and brighter, I think..Happy Summer..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I like the pop of red. I did that in our blue kitchen, I popped in a red compost bin and red stool.
    Praying with you for Maui.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my stars - your rabbit is THE BEST

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.