Monday, April 3, 2023

Spring Inside

 Today I wanted to show you some flowers
I sell at the gift shop.
Hello friends!


The wholesaler I purchase my flowers from
have the most realistic ones I have seen.
These are blue delphiniums


Puffy dandelions.


Irises.
(I also have these in purple)
Forgot to take a pic.


Blue peony.


White Narcissus in glass vase.
Had these in yellow as well.
All are sold.


Pink potted flowers. 


Onion Grass and Pink Hyacinth.


Apple Blossom orbs and Wandering Jew.


Cherry Blossoms.


Magnolia Bloom in a glass vase.
I think I have 2 left of these.


Herb spring wreaths are almost gone.
I know 2 of them went to Wisconsin.
I had 2 ladies visiting a friend who lives here.


Finally these white potted flowers.
I like how they look in these new 
striped vases that came in.

In other news, I am ashamed to say that 
Michigan State University is going woke.
They are now printing a guide of words that 
they are objecting to.
Frontier, pioneer, founder or any other colonial language.
Also on the list were the words bunnies,
eggs, Christmas tree and reindeer.
There are more, but I digress that I dont
even want to name any more.
I will NOT and I repeat I will NOT
remove these words from my vocabulary.
Me thinks parents should start sending
their children to trade school instead of colleges.
More colleges are just turning our children
into lemmings.
So how do these college kids order bacon & eggs
for breakfast now?
Guess they will not be helping out to put
up their family Christmas trees now either.
This is just ludicrous.

For my prim lovers out there.
Go to Youtube and watch
Bridgett's Primitive Passion.
You can subscribe for free and start watching
all of the wonderful primitive homes she has
taken videos of.
There are some homes I keep watching
over and over.....

Today after work, I will be headed to the 
gift shop to add in our Summer goodies.
More April showers are on tap though.

Hope you all have a marvelous start to your week!

Spring Inside Blessings To All!
Janice 


12 comments:

  1. Janice, you are so right! It is ridiculous how the supposedly 'higher' education has indoctrinated the youth. And now they appear to start earlier in the childhood. As they become adults can you imagine what society will be like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is ridiculous how a small minority pushes their agenda on us. I am so thankful I grew up when the US was sane and "egg" wasn't a taboo word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, there you have it. It's exactly the same kind of people are running our countries. The same kind of people who are going after Trump. I'm sorry but like you Janice, I will NOT stop using those words either. An egg is an egg and nothing else. I hope these guys wake up soon.

    We are finally having a beautiful sunny day that looks and feel like spring.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, I got sidetracked by the "woke" thing. A word that I would like to see disappear... I love all your flowers. They really are real looking. If I was near, I would buy some.
    Hope your sale are really good.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice! Oh those flowers! They are beautiful. My favorite are the delphiniums. Yes, it seems the world has gone a bit crazy these days. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flowers!! I love the puffy dandelions.
    I have 'real' wandering jew plants. They are easy to grow.

    I am so sad about what is going on in our country. It breaks my heart.
    Love, Carla
    We will stand together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those are some nice flowers.
    I'm afraid the whole world has gone Woke. I feel so sad at what is going on as if everything I once knew and loved is gone and won't even come back. Yep, it's pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty pops of color for spring...your shop is lovely!
    I had no idea about the new word guide - oh my heavens! I send the link to my son, who's a freshman (oops, can't say "freshman" anymore according to MSU) to get the perspective of a 19 year-old (as opposed to his "old" mom)

    His comments: "What?! Oh for Pete's sake...I refuse to believe you can't say 'America' So what are we supposed to have for breakfast if we can't say "eggs?"

    I don't know the answer to all of the issues our country is facing - yes, AMERICA - there I said the forbidden word. I just hope and pray that we'll find honest men & women with good souls to lead us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Progress is killing our kids!
    I will say the flowers are gorgeous and the Puffy dandelions almost made me sneeze.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shame on Michigan State, but it sounds like much of your beautiful state is sadly going woke. When are people going to wake up to wokeness?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw that MSU thing too and so I posted it and asked one of the brand managers at MSU about it. She backpedaled a bit and tried to explain that one could use those words but be careful as to HOW they were used, but to be sensitive as to how and some of it made sense and some of it I launched into a discussion about it going too far. The whole document is interesting (and a lot of it DOES make sense -- but of course the juicy parts are the ones that make the media.) Here's the whole official document -- it's short and worth a read! https://brand.msu.edu/storytelling/inclusive-guide. The trouble is a lot of people read the media but don't go to the source. (Which I still disagree with in part but I'm not QUITE as furious as I was when I first saw it!)

    I love a good faux floral and I have to say those dandelion puffs are really pretty and I like them lots more than the real ones in the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flowers do look real! Wonderful! Ya....I get you on the woke stuff....I wonder when the Bible will make that list....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.