Friday, April 7, 2023

April CupboardScape

Hello friends!
I wanted to show you my Easter CupboardScape
display before Easter, so here goes.
 

Bunnies and eggs are here.


Some of my crocheted ones.
I have not dyed eggs in years since both
my kids and grands are older now.
These are perfect for now.


This basket is called a buttocks one.
As you can see the bottom looks like a butt profile,
hence where the name comes from.


I bring out these irises each and every year somewhere.


My bunny picture.
The way I have placed this, he looks like he is
hopping over the basket.


This prim bunny also always makes an appearance.


Well there you have it.
I will be hosting Easter as you know.
My daughter is sick,
so she and the grands will not be coming now.
My brother and SIL also cannot make it.
That leaves my son and his DSO,
my sis and her husband, mom, plus Bob and I.
I have plenty of food ready to be prepared.
I decided on 
Ham
handmade rolls (mom will bring)
sweet potato casserole
au gratin potatoes
asparagus
corn
green bean casserole

Homemade desserts will be
apple pie (mom's)
strawberry and cherry cheesecake

No one goes home starving from my house. LOL

Hope everyone has an awesome Easter,
For my Orthodox friends, I know you will be
celebrating Easter next week,
so Happy Easter to you as well. 

Happy Easter Blessings To All!
Janice



13 comments:

  1. Lovely as ALWAYS! Butt basket...what we call them. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your crochet eggs. I wove a butt basket many years ago and still have it but not as well displayed as yours is. Love your menu and no wonder everyone leaves with a full belly. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Easter bunny. Your meal sounds wonderful - sorry some people can't make it - but the ones who come - will not go home starving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy looking at your Easter decor. The crocheted Easter eggs are wonderful. I'm sorry for those who can't make it to your Easter dinner. It sounds delicious. I feel like I would like to come to your house for the Easter dinner.

    I'll be having ham, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, and I'm thinking a sweet molasses pie. I've been craving for some and my husband also love sweet molasses pie.

    Enjoy your family gathering.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Janice! As always your cupboard space looks so cute. The first thing I thought was the bunny picture looked like it was jumping over the basket. Those eggs are adorable too. For some reason I was having some trouble deciding what to serve besides ham this year. I settled on ham, cheesy potatoes, deviled eggs, strawberry spinach salad, fruit salad, rolls, a couple of Greek dishes and pies and a cute dessert my daughter-in-law was putting together. So enjoy your day. I'm sorry your family isn't all coming and hope they feel better soon. After getting over Covid I'm glad we are able to celebrate this year,,,it was a close call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's darling! Our Easter dinners sound similar though you have lots more food! I hope it's a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find your bunny ( in hopping over the basket move) picture fascinating!
    Eggs and potatoes are usually the basics of the holiday meal preceding the dessert pies. Enjoy the food and the company!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that big, fat prim bunny.
    Hope your daughter feels better soon.
    Happy Easter ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that rabbit picture!the foods sounds delightful!
    Happy Easter
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janice! Those crochet eggs are super sweet and so unique. I have a similar menu planned for our family on Sunday as well. Wishing you a beautiful Easter! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice! Thanks for the blog visit and kind comment. I bought the bunny napkins at Target.

      Delete
  11. What fun your rabbits are. I love the prim ones. Our bunnies are having a bit too much fun nibbling my tender new plants. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    I love the crochet eggs.
    I hope you had a lovely Easter. Your dinner sounded delicious.

    Please be in prayer for our little Village. On Saturday two police officers were shot to death. I was only a wee bit away from all of this happening. I was on my daily walk. I live in a small village of 1200 people!! This was a routine traffic stop and the person in the vehicle killed both officers.
    I will share more as I know more, at this time I ask for prayer for our little community. The world honestly has gone mad!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.