Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Whippy Wednesday

Hello friends.
Hope your week is going good for you.
Happy Hump Day.


I only have a few WIP's to show you this time.


Remember this was my sad start
for my next sampler.



I have finally made more progress on this one.
Am starting to enjoy stitching on it.
Believe it or not each one of these motifs takes me
at least one hour each to stitch and they
are only one inch in diameter.
This sampler will be dedicated to all
four of my great grandfathers.
I have one included here now.


Next up.
Patriotic Pinwheel Parade.


This is where I was at when I last showed 
you my progress.


Have gotten a little bit father,
but still need to complete this flag
before going on to the bunnies.
I suspect Lauren will be right in that it will
not be completed by July 4th.

Finally
Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.
Block number six.
This one took me 12 evenings to finish.


I know Yaya will like this block.
Now remember this block is a two part one.
As you can see only half of the cauldron is complete.
I really enjoyed stitching this one.
At least it screamed Halloween this time.
I did outline the witch's face as I thought 
it got lost with my linen choice. 
Not sure if I should do the same for her hands.
Your thoughts?


Pardon the wrinkles, but I wanted to 
get this photographed in time.
Halfway done now.


Lots of stitching in this piece.


I just hope I can continue completing
a block a month.
Soon I will need to start working on Halloween
for the store, so time will be limited.
I already started July 4th but I do not make
as much for this holiday.

In other news,
I forgot whom asked me awhile back what a shot bag was.
I do apologize for not answering sooner..
It is a bag where you would keep your balls (bullets)
inside for firing a gun back in the day.

Someone also asked me what color our keeping room
mantle was? I forgot and am trying to remember
where I put the swatch. 

Carla did ask me if our river gets high waves
during storms.
 I have seen waves up to 3-5 ft.
which creates whitecaps.
If the wind is out of the South it can be higher.
Not as bad though as the great lakes which can get 
easily over 15 ft. 

Thanks for all the prayers for my SIL.
She is off the ventilator.
Her doctor suspects the anesthesiologist
gave her too much anesthesia and she did not
come out of it.
She has lost her long term memory because of this.
Don't know how long she will remain in the hospital.

Well best get my butt to work.
At least it is almost daylight when I start out now.

Whippy Wednesday Blessings To All!
Janice



10 comments:

  1. Good morning Wednesday, I enjoy seeing all of your stitches. Personally I would do the same with her hands too.
    This is terrible what happened to your SIL I don't get into lawsuits-but this incident needs to be accounted for in some way as it has changed her life going forward.
    Have a good day at work Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your stitch work! I never did more than one at a time and am impressed by you doing that.
    I'm so sorry about your SIL. That is sad and awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is to outline the hands too. It's becoming difficult for me to resist buying this pattern, seeing your progress.
    Sorry about your SIL, hope it doesn't put the transplant process off the rails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pinwheel bunnies are my favorite...love them! And of course, Halloween is always always such fun - and stitching a genealogy-type piece is sure to be handed-down and treasured. I made your grandmother's rolls! I hope to post today so you can take a look and let me know what you think - I think I need to practice my shaping technique! They were great for Sunday dinner. And oh, your SIL - what worries, we hope when we go to the hospital that those assisting us will know their jobs! Still sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your SIL will improve daily. I'm also hoping the memory loss is temporary. Oh you know I love the Halloween one! Yes I would outline her hands. I'm not a stitcher but that's my vote! I was watching some Shirley Temple movies yesterday and she asked why she had to do embroidery..or was it needle point? Oh well, she was told all young ladies need to know that. Ha! I'm a failure! I will just have to enjoy your work! I'm having a rare Wednesday off but hoping your work day goes well and quick! Yes, I'm loving the brighter mornings now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I am so sorry about your SIL.
    I am hearing more stories about poor medical service. It concerns me, our nation just continues to decline in every direction.
    Thank you for answering how big the waves get on the river, I bet it is a sight to see when it gets windy.
    I LOVE your Halloween stitching... and all the others too.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear your sil has made some improvements and pray that it will continue.
    Your projects are really coming along.
    Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow is going to be amazing. Well...it already is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Semi good news on your SIL. Your Halloween piece is wonderful! You have been in creditable busy.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful progress my friend. Halloween at Hawk Run is just stunning. I love each and every single block. You're doing a good job at enabling. ;-). Your other pieces are wonderful too...but, dang, think Hawk Run will always have my heart. So sad about your SIL...hoping the memory loss is temporary. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your sister is off the ventilator. I hope she recovers fully in time. I love that Halloween piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.