Saturday, April 20, 2024

Satisfaction Saturday

Hello friends!
We had some storms roll in 
the other day.
I left work early to beat them.
Sure glad I did.
The rain and wind was so bad,
we could not even see our neighbors
house across the street.
Am glad my boss allows me to do this.
She knows it takes me an hour to get there
 each way, so she is very accommodating.
Plus I am her number one.
Being there 28 years, I earned it. 


I had two more items framed recently.
The first is Love Always.
This was my go to stitch at lunch each day.
Again I chose museum glass for this piece.
Not sure yet if I will put it out somewhere
or just bring it out for Valentine's Day.
Instead of adding the date as 20 and 24,
I chose to do 24 and my initials.
I id not change anything else with this one.


I also chose another black frame with leaves.
Thought it would mimic those in the piece.
I have my next Valentine stitch on deck to do.
Just waiting for the floss and fabric arrive.


This next piece you have already seen finished.
Now it is also framed.
Again I chose a black frame.
This one will remain in our keeping room
as part of my heritage wall.
This one had all of mine and Bob's initials,
birthday months, month/year we were married and state.


Currently it is being displayed with my other
cross stitch piece and one of my stoneware jugs.
Cannot wait to get Little Quakeresque completed.
Once that one is framed, I can start hanging 
my samplers on the wall here.
For now we will just enjoy looking at them on top
of the cabinet.

When I was paying for these, the manager
of Hobby Lobby came over to me and asked me
is she could look at these.
She told me what a wonderful job I did and that
this is becoming a lost art.
It made me think...yes it is an art.
Hopefully it is not a lost one.
I do love starting a piece and watching the 
motifs and design come alive.
I know many of you who do rug hooking,
quilting and fiber art feel the same way.
It is why we create.

In other news,
please say a wee prayer for my SIL.
She went for a test to start the kidney transplant
requirement and almost died.
She is currently in the ICU and still 
on a ventilator. She does have muscle movement
and has opened her eyes, but remains in 
critical care.
I hope this setback does not remove her from the list.
She so needs a kidney.  

They moved my daughter into a rental house now.
They started painting her house, so hopefully
soon she will be back into her own house.
Someone has been stealing her mail though.
She had been getting it every day, but lately
someone has been taking it.
She know, because she gets notified when
mail is delivered.
Really sucks that there are those out there who do this.
She went to the Post Office to stop her mail now.

Well my friends,
hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Satisfaction Saturday Blessings To All!
Janice 
 


15 comments:

  1. Sorry your daughter is encountering even more woes. A shame our America has become an unlawful and unsafe place to live. Hopefully she gets moved back in after the painting before squatters take it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cross stitch is really beautiful. Not many people do it any more.
    That was a crazy storm and I did hear it was worse for you on your side of the state.
    I'm sorry about your daughter. So frustrating!
    Will be praying for you SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All good wishes for your sister and for your daughter. Bad deal on the mail. I love your samplers. Did you get tornado warnings, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. good morning, you chose beautiful frames for your pieces-I agree this is an art form. So good you could get home earlier do to the storms. I am so sorry about your sil and daughter society is pretty bad these days all caring and morals has been tossed out the window it seems sad to see.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for your sister-in-law. How very scary.
    Hopefully your daughter will get to go home soon. That would make me bonkers being forced out of my home, even though necessary.
    Lovely cross stitch. I can't even imagine what the cost is to frame a piece today. It has been years since I have had something custom framed and back then it was crazy expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Sending prayers for your sister in law.
    I agree, you are creating art. I also think it is a lost art. I am in hopes for a come back.
    Does the river ever get high waves during the storms?
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for your SIL and your Daughter , terrible about her mail !
    Your samplers are Beautiful ! Young Mother's who work full time just don't have time to do handwork ....it's really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finishes, Janice - and you chose the frames perfectly. I love the two displayed on the cabinet like that. Every time you show that larger first piece I think again. that I have to stitch it. So scary about your SIL...praying for her. And so sad about your daughter's continuing issues. Yikes, what an ordeal this all has turned out to be. Disgusting about the stolen mail. We had snow here yesterday believe it or not. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your needlework is beautiful.
    So sorry to hear of your SIL Will be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll pray for your sister in law. It must be a very tense time for all het loved ones. I pray that she gets a kidney soon.
    Your daughter has been through a lot an I hope that she'll be back in her own house soon. What a shame that someone is stealing her mail.

    That sounds like a terrible rain storm you had. I'm glad that you were allowed to go home early.

    Your crossed stitch are beautiful and you chose the right frames. I haven't crossed stitched in a long time.

    Take care, hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cross stitch pieces look like beautiful heirlooms handed - down-absolutely an art. Thoughts and prayers for your sister-in-law, as well as your daughter - I’m sure she’s ready to be back home and the mail issue is ridiculous - what’s wrong with people? Rest and enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janice, your newest cross stitch is so lovely. It is too pretty to only be seen once a year!. I agree with the HL person. I hope that your SIL and daughter can get peace. Take care..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stitching is beautiful and yes it's an art form! I will say a prayer for your SIL. My sister has been on dialysis for 4yrs. Because of her heart she's not a candidate for a transplant. It sure would improve her life to have one though. Prayers that your SIL can still qualify. Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for your SIL. Pretty stitcheries and frames. I love the leaves trim on the first frame.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow a lot in this post! I am glad you made it home safely.
    You are stitching up a storm I love the pieces framed.
    I do practice an art form that not a lot of people do not seem to know about (rug hooking)
    sending healing prayers for your SIL such a hard time for her and her family.
    your pieces will look amazing when you get them all hung up.
    You daughter's missing mail is scary now days.
    We don't get much mail now days we have gone paperless in most everything.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.