Tuesday, January 23, 2024

My First 2024 Winter Display

Hello friends!
Hope everyone is warm and cozy.
I drove home from work last night
in freezing rain and it was not fun.
Am working from home today.
Don't want to do that again.

 


Today I wanted to share with you
my first 2024 Winter display.
When I take down my Christmas,
I always decorate for Winter.
It cheers me up on these cold nights.



Who says you cannot keep up a few trees.


Candlelight also helps.


I kept out the antique sleigh and just added
in a few reds and blues to warm my heart.


This pillow surely warms my heart,
as my mom made it.
I bring it out every Winter.

Do you decorate for Winter?

In other news,
The other day Bob and I went up to grab
some ink for the store and get more totes.
On our way back the white car in front of us
went through a yellow light.
A black car came barreling through
from the right and struck
the white car in front of us.
I had already stopped 
as I knew the light was turning red.
It was a horrible sight to see as the white car
hit four more cars that were stopping for the light
on the other side.
The black car flew into the parking lot 
of a store and hit more cars parked.
We know the person in the white car was alright
as she got out.
Not so sure about the lady in the black car. 
There was a fire truck coming back from a run,
and stopped right away to assist. 
Lots of folks were also running to assist,
which was nice.
I froze and so did Bob.
It happened in an instant.
We do not even know who was at fault
With that being said,
I do not like how Michigan has been 
moving the traffic lights past the intersections now,
instead of being right in the middle.
If you are behind a truck you cannot see
the traffic lights.
I wont run a yellow light as I use to in the past.
Whomever decided to change the placement 
of these now was a horrible engineer.
I just pray that the lady in the black car was alright.

Last week my daughter and grands all caught covid.
Was just glad Bob and I did not visit with them.
We do not need it again...knock on wood.

Looks like more ice and snow on the way today.
Glad I am working rom home.

Well better get to work.
Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Winter Blessings To All!
Janice

16 comments:

  1. Good morning, how frightening to watch this accident-I never run yellow lights either. Love your winter display, we had ice here too for a couple days too-yesterday was right at freezing so some ice on the hill allot melted-but on the walk down I didn't see the ice and boom went right down-nothing broken thank goodness but a very sore knee. we are headed for a warm up in the low 40s this week-that's a heat wave haha enjoy your day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am sure it was scary seeing the accident. That would certainly give one an awakening of not running a yellow light if they had done so in the past.
    Fond memories having your mother's winter pillow and you also have wood items and mittens made by other family members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your winter decorations are pretty and cozy. I decorate for winter too. I have a tree that I keep up in the dining room that's skinny and just has white lights on. I have some greenery, pine cones and things with white berries around the house.
    That accident was so scary! Glad you were ok. I've noticed that with traffic lights too. Why did they move them I wonder?
    I'm supposed to drive to Grand Haven for a hair appt today and all the schools are closed. So sick of this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your mama's pillow is such a nice keepsake. Your staging is always tops! I do decorate for winter - not a ton tho. I was just looking thru some vintage Valentines to change up for February. I can't do the ice either! We are supposed to get that same mess here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it’s a great idea to keep winter decorations out– they look very cozy. I like how you switch everything up between the seasons and the holidays. And I especially love that blue shelf – my favorite color.! The roads can be crazy, I’m glad you were safe. Whenever the kids drive, I tell them I know they’re paying attention, but it’s the other guy they have to look out for - very scary. We had a bit of ice here this morning as well, but it was soon gone. They’re saying it will be almost 60 by the middle of the week – that’s just wrong, I want a good old-fashioned winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet treasure to have that pillow.
    In Ohio, a yellow light is just a suggestion that you might want to stop...but then again...maybe not! People are more blatantly running red lights every day. A few months ago we witnessed an accident where the young woman ran a red light (not yellow turning red) and t-boned a car. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always I love the way you arrange and decorate. The candle/light gives off such a warming glow with the pretty pillow! So glad you were safe from that terrible accident!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that was a close call. I'm glad that you had enough common sense to anticipate the red light and stop. I hope no one got hurt in this pile up. Not a pleasant thing to witness an accident but sometimes we need that wake up call. Accidents can happen in the blink of an eye.

    Your mom's vintage pillow is a great keepsake. I'm sorry that your daughter and her family are all ill with Covid. Speedy recovery to them. Stay safe and warm.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the snowman pillow. I was outside making a real one this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another cozy display. I, too, love the blue shelf. I guess you can say I decorate for winter as I am very slow at taking down Christmas. I leave my "greens" and my little laundry and kitchen trees up until the very end, as well as some of my snow fellas. It's always so dark and glum this time of year that the greens and lights give such much needed cheer. Scary stuff - both the accident and the ice. I'll drive through a lot of snow before I am willing to do ice. As for the yellow light thing, I was taught in driver's ed to stop if you can do so safely...i.e., without slamming on your breaks or stopping too quickly as that is likely to cause an accident more than going through the yellow since the lights are synchronized so that they do not turn green immediately on the other side when the yellow/red come on. Just glad, though, that you avoided it. We're in for some snow tomorrow they say but with the temps where they say they are going to be, I wouldn't be surprised that it's more ice than snow. Hope not! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracious, I'm glad y'all weren't hurt. That sounds horrible, like black car didn't bother to stop or slow down in an intersection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm very hesitant about running yellows, knowing that someone might well jump a red light, seeing most of the traffic slow down (or more likely, not even paying attention). We see accidents quite regularly at a series of intersections right by my house -- we call it the malfunction junction. But I've never seen one that horrible. I'm so very glad you stopped and that you weren't part of the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Praise God you are alright and the others. SCARY!!!

    I love the pillow. Yes, I decorate for winter too. I like to leave snowmen, trees and my nutcrackers out..oh and candles. :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are ok but how scary! Your decorations look wonderful as always. We have freezing rain right now
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Mom's pillow, Janice, is such a beautiful item! I like it a lot.
    After long talks on global warming....here we are.. a winter with arctic freezing cold. Incredible!
    Wishing your daughter and grands a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your timing and the smart move to not move in a yellow light situation was a good thing! Yes, I decorate for winter with my snowman things. I love your snowman pillow and red touches to brighten the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.