Saturday, January 27, 2024

January CupboardScape

Hello friends!
My first CupboardScape of the year,
is a memory of spending 
winter days and nights at gramma B's farmhouse. 


The wool blankets, 
quilts and socks would come out.
Along with crocheted
 scarves and hats she made for us.



Granite would be on the cook stove.
She had no indoor heat other than the stove.
She had granite ware plates, cups, 
pitchers and coffee pots.





She always placed a clothesline above the stove
in the Winter, so she could hang up our
socks, scarves and mittens to dry
after we came back inside from playing
in the snow.


I kept up my white Christmas lights for this
long Winter month to brighten up our nights.
It also reminds me of the warmth my gramma
provided us even though she had very little money.

Not much in other news.
I plan on doing laundry and stitching this weekend.
Will put a roast in the slow cooker.
What will be your plans?

January Blessings To All!
Janice 




 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always. I love how you share your memories. I don't know if any other generation will truly understand these times. I remember clotheslines above cook stoves as well. Also, not too much money but we always had good food, music (my grandpa played bango, harmonica and fiddle) and conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - this one is charming and sweet. I love the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sweet memories of when I was young also. Like you we were poor but a lot more happy than many families are now.
    It's refreshing to see how you keep those precious memories of your grandma's love alive in your decor. My mother darned socks also.
    Take care and enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely memories of your grandma : Wool and crocheted items, granite kitchenware, a clothesline for socks, scarves and mittens to dry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this post and your memories! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those socks and the blue & white blanket ! Such fond memories ....Sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you to have such wonderful childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so charming and so personal, Janice. Your menu sounds tasty! I've been putzing around the house all day and who knows tomorrow. I do think I'll watch the Lions -- at least some of it. Fingers crossed. Thanks for coming by today. I'm behind on replyng to comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep white lights around the mantel in our house year round. Nice and cozy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you keep those sweet memories out for all to see - and it must make your heart happy when you pass by. I lived with my grandmother until she passed when I was 10 - I remember homemade bread and rolls, a huge garden, and a house with lilac bushes all along one side. Sweet memories-and why I think I do so much of what I do. Thank you. I’m always am inspired when I stop by here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could feel the love, warmth, and coziness of this post! It was possible to have fun and a wonderful life without technology!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful interpretation of your memories. I wonder how many youth today even know what darning is. Yikes...that comment makes me sound old...but I guess I AM old. Certainly feel it these days. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had a clothesline above our wood-stove in the kitchen for wet mittens, hats and scarves.
    Good memories, the world seemed more innocent back then... or I was just too little to understand.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.