Saturday, May 13, 2023

Bedroom Reveal 2023

Before I get started with part 1
of our bedroom redo,
I would like to wish all of the mom's
a Happy Mother's Day!
We took my mom out for dinner last night.
Today we celebrate my granddaughter's
sweet 16 birthday party. 
Then afterwards us kids will be
taking my mom out to dinner again.


Just a recap of what the color use to be.
Colonial Blue and Crisp White.


The bottom two drawers is the new white.
Benjamin Moore Ballet White
This one wall and trim are this new color.
The walls are now Benjamin Moore Wedgewood Gray. 
It is a prim blue gray color really.


We moved the bed to the wall by the windows.
This gave me more room to decorate 
how I wanted to at the end of the bed.



A new vignette for this table.


Up close.


Look at all of the bug holes in this piece.
I believe it was some type of bucket with
possibly a leather handle since no handle existed
when I purchased this. I added twine to the holes
on each side to hang.


This wood tankard is from the 1700's.


A German ginger beer bottle.


The two crocks I normally kept under this table
were moved out for this ovoid one.
Added some faux fern for Spring/ Summer look. 

 

Bob made this cabinet and painted it black for me.
The basket holds his heart loop monitor to the right
of the lamp. The wool hides it from view.


Opted to hang my bunny rug here.


I like to have some kind of bunny in each room. LOL


View looking from inside the door.
Tundra acting up.


Say hello to everyone Tundra.


At the end of the bed now is this prim table.


Placed the penny mat I made on the table.
I coffee stained this piece to mute the green.
Not even sure why I added green to it in the first place.
Not a fan of green as you all know.
Did add a pewter compote with three pieces
of stone fruit that match the penny mat though.


This Windsor chair is the real McCoy.
I purchased this from an antique friend who has since passed.
She sold me this chair and the crock earlier in my post
as she knew I would cherish them as she did.


In person you can see the original wood,
the layer of blue paint from the 1800's
and then the black from the 1900's.
This chair is from the 1700's.
A small tick pillow and top hat sit on it.


My side of the bed has this ovoid jug
with some Spring flowers inside.


It sits on top of this rug piece.
Forgot to remove this other stone fruit, LOL



Wider view.


On the rack is this linsey woolsey blanket
and gathering basket.


The Paul Revere light.


Not sure yet how I will decorate the remainder
of the hooks on the wall.
Guess this can be another post at some point.
The room will remain like this for many years.
No plans on moving anything more.
Will show the other sides of the room redo
in my next post.
Will just make minor seasonal changes.

I am most asked what inspires 
you to decorate?

I love my prim magazines.
I love Pinterest.
Lately I love You Tube.
When Bob and I first started in the antique business,
I purchased all kinds of magazines.
I told Bob lots of folks want that magazine look,
so we bought items that were featured in
magazines where we could.
We would display our wares in vignettes to show 
others how it would look like in their homes.
It was always a hit and we re-arranged our
entire 1000 ft booth monthly.
We became the owners best selling vendor.
After many years, we decided to venture out
and found our own store.

With Bob's health it is hard for him to move
furniture now, so this is why I am doing
each room in our house one more time...
and the furniture will stay put.

In other news we had a visitor to our
front yard the other day.


This female quail just hung around.
I have not seen a quail since I was a teen,
so was thrilled to see her.
Also glad she stayed so I could grab my phone
to take a pic.

Mother's Dat Blessings To All!
Janice




9 comments:

  1. Am sure you'll be happy with the softer grey/blue walls. I love the Windsor chair with top hat and your hooked bunny. Think Tundra was trying to get your attention and then a perfect pose for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Janice! I didn't think you could improve much on the old room but you did - I like the new, more muted, colors. You really have the best old crocks and textiles. Love the sweet little quail. Every now and again I have one wander through but they are not as frequent as the pheasants for some reason. Enjoy your weekend! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day ;-)
    Bedroom is lovely. I never redecorate/move furniture around. Maybe one of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day.
    I like the new softer color too. Like you, I used to change the furniture around a lot to freshen the look but as I got older, I don't move furniture around anymore except at Christmas to accommodate the Christmas tree.

    Oh wow! I love that old Windsor chair but knowing me I would be tempted to give it a coat of black paint. I'm like a crow, I like shiny things.lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your redo. What wonderful old pieces you have. During the winter, I reorganized and rearranged my house. I don't plan to be moving furniture again either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice redo! I love all your precious pieces! You have such a wonderful collection. I know in my heart that if I had a hat on a chair I would accidentally sit on it! That would not be good! I think your bunny rug is super sweet! I hope Bob feels good and takes care not to overdue..I'm sure you'll be there to keep that from happening! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new color is just so perfect for a bedroom. We don't move furniture much any more either, although sometimes I'd like to. Times change I guess! Nonetheless, your bedroom refresh is wonderful, with so many beautiful treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh again, outstanding in design and collection! Just amazing! I get the "no plans on moving 'this' again" saying...more than I want to admit. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I enjoyed the tour. I love the Windsor chair.
    How fun to have a quail visit, I wonder if they will make a come back in Wisconsin?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.