Tuesday, May 9, 2023

A Look Back

Hello all of my friends!
 Way back in 2012,
was when we first remodeled our bedroom.


We had brown linoleum floors.


Still not even sure why the homeowner who built
this home added three windows like this.
We have them in both bedrooms.


The closet door was this flimsy bi-fold wood one.


Bob re-configured this area to have one closet here
while having a built in cabinet with drawers he made. 


The new configuration allowed his and hers closets.
We share the cabinet.


Bob also trimmed out the windows more in the prim style.
The paint colors I chose then were colonial blue
and a crisp white.
I wanted to get away from the brown.
Before we primed the walls those were also brown.
Imagine a whole house in brown linoleum 
with brown paneled walls throughout.
That's what we had.


These next pics are various ones I grabbed.
just to show some after pics of our first redo.
Peepers one of our kitties who has since passed
loved being on the bed.


The new closer doors that were out in at the time.



This cabinet is now in our kitchen.


The pine table at the foot of the bed 
now resides on our guest room.



I really loved how our bedroom looked like,
however I am over the moon in love
with the color and design I have now chosen
for our room makeover.
Stay tuned for the reveal.

In other news.
I know I have ranted about this before.
I will probably get some of you mad at me.
7 horses died at the Kentucky Derby this year.
10,000 to 15,000 of racehorses are slaughtered 
each and every year.
If they dont make their owners money,
off they go to these Kentucky stock auctions.
Then sold for slaughter.
We unfortunately have a holding farm which is only
10 minutes from us.
They are held for a few days,
then shipped to Canada for slaughter.
It is so sad to see a livestock truck come in.
About 40 horses are shoved in and since
they come from Kentucky, no food or water
until they get to this holding farm.
Nothing will change until we stop watching on tv.
Nothing will  change until no one goes to the track.
Nothing will change until we get the word out.
I use to own a horse.
Never would I have been able to send him to slaughter. 

Well better get to work.

Look Back Blessings To All!
Janice






9 comments:

  1. I had a horse once too and still love those majestic animals. Hopefully someone will come in a rescue them from slaughter. I do so those types of videos on FB and that warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're already re-doing your bedroom. Yikes. On your schedule, I should be re-doing everything we did WWR...and I have even finished getting sorted out since then. LOL. That's not to say there aren't areas I would like to re-do or at least paint but I can' even get necessary maintenance done, let alone cosmetic. Poor horses - I never realized the numbers were so staggering. My dad took in several horses that were slaughter-bound...and a donkey. We always seemed to have a menagerie of animals growing up. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing about the horses, I am ashamed to say, I had no idea.

    I am excited to see your bedroom. :-) We are in the middle of a painting and upgrading our two bathrooms. We have company coming next week, it is keeping us moving with getting this project done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need a fresh coat of paint of most things in this house. But the goal is to make a half bath a 3/4 bath on the main floor for our aging needs first.
    sad about the horses so much money and power involved.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your updated bedroom.
    So sad about race horses ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your changes in the house. Apalled by the topic of horse slaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll look forward to seeing the new room although I love the look of it now! I had no idea about the horses. I can't believe this is allowed to go on. I see all those commercials for money for abused animals and something like this goes on and nobody cares. I never watch the derby. Our neighbor has a race horse they rescued. Sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see the reveal.
    I know awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home redo is looking so pretty. 'Hard to imagine that at one time people actually loved brown brown and more brown! So sad about the horses. I actually feel the same way about animals in rodeos (that stirs some people up as well).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.