Monday, November 21, 2022

Toyland

 Hello friends!
The countdown to Thanksgiving is on!
I wanted to show you our small section of toys
in our gift shop.
Bob built all of the cabinets just
before his stroke I should add.


We had mismatched ones before this. 


Out jigsaw carousel we purchased though.
















Most of our toys come from either England or
Denmark and the jigsaw puzzles from New Hampshire.
Do you spot some you might have played with as a kid?
These make great stocking stuffers and we sell
lots this time of year.
This year we also brought in some stuffed holiday animals.

In other news,
Saundra you are correct...I do have a dead bunny
like my turkey.
Speaking of bunnies, I just finished my first
bunny creation for next year....
well almost. He needs to be painted and primmed up.
Am also crocheting eggs now.
Have to start the next season.

Well have to go make dinner.
Have a great week everyone!

Toyland Blessings To All!
Janice






9 comments:

  1. I suppose the items tou call "stocking stuffers" are a Christmas hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the first thing I noticed, toy from when my kids were young and some from my one childhood. How nice that they are still available instead than those ugly toys that are now available.
    I love your puzzle carousel. It's a great display . Your shop looks well stocked. Good luck with the sales.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those toys should do well not only as stock stuffers but as last minute gifts to have on hand 'just in case'. I played jacks, hop scotch, checkers, also played pick up sticks but don't think I saw those there.
    AH HA! I thought I'd remembered a crafty dead rabbit before. And I loved it, that is why it stuck in my mind. Oh, I don't want any of my yard bunnies to be dead but thought it made a fantastic decoration in your home.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection of toys I would love to shop your store great stocking stuffers. We sell the same puzzles the are just an hour from us. Great sellers too.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collection of vintage toys. I so wish you were closer to the middle of the MItten -- I could do a good deal of my shopping at your store! And I'd also hire Bob to make me a cabinet to replace the fallen cookbook shelf. Sigh. It all looks terrific. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say other than,
    FUN FUN FUN!
    Have a terrific Thanksgiving...so thankful to have "met" you across the miles! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have a great selection, Janice. Looks like customers could spend hours looking at everything. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun selection of toys.
    Happy Thanksgiving ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute toy shop Janice! The whoopee cushion made me chuckle. Happy Thanksgiving. Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.