Friday, November 4, 2022

More Creativity

Hello Friends!
Hope all is well with you all!
Cannot believe this year is almost over.
With all of the bad things that have happened
to me this year, an hoping next year will be better.
Hope I am not jinxing myself now. 
 

Back last January I chose my Christmas theme.
It was going to be a Nordic Christmas.


Now I am pretty sure penguins are not part
of Nordic decorating, however I felt that
because they do live around Sweden and Denmark
that I would add them. 


Isn't he adorable!
I crocheted his scarf.


I have been on a crochet kick lately.
I think I did do a post saying I was crocheting
Christmas baubles.
These are all of the colors I crocheted.
These were crocheted around a plastic ornament,
and can hang on your tree.
I created in these colors-
multi red, white, green and two shades of gray. 


Two shades of gray, and a red and white mixture.


Multi blue and white.


Red, Gray and white.


Multi pink, green and white plus pink.
I had so much much fun making these.
I also made more acorns and folks are
still purchasing them.
This time I made them in shades of gray.
plus I found a green that is close to what an acorn 
would look like before it turns brown.

In other news,
the restaurant we use to walk to
was demolished a few days ago.
In its heyday it was a fine dining experience
that folks drove to from other counties.
They came for the good food, drinks
while dining with a view of of our mighty river.
Back in July of 1989 we even had 
a birthday party there for my dad. 
Such a shame it was abandoned years ago
and fell into dis-repair.

I have a confession to make as well.
I have started decorating for Christmas.
In my defense, if I dont start now,
it wont get done. 
I do a little bit every day at lunch.
I started with the guest room, which is done.
Am working on our bedroom now.
I dont host Thanksgiving, 
so the only person who will see it before
Christmas is my mom....and she knows
I do this every year. LOL  

We are still in an Indian Summer.
It's been in the late 60's each day.
Only bad thing its been extremely foggy.
Thank goodness I dont have to drive in it.
The freighters have been waking me up
all hours of the night and morning.
They have to blow their horn at every buoy,
and we have a buoy near us.

Well better get to work.
Have marvelous day my friends!

More Creativity Blessings To All!
Janice






9 comments:

  1. The penguins are adorable! I like the crochet ornaments as well. Seems millennials like "granny square" stuff - I'm sure you'll sell those! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see a penguin photo I immediately think of winter so they fit right in. Having Indian Summer here too and am blowing leaves, ripping out my periwinkle which is very invasive and taking advantage of the mild weather while it is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little penguin is too sweet!
    That is a lot of crocheting. Fun ornaments.
    Gorgeous weather here, too. Yesterday I had to do highway driving to get to hooking guild...and that was the worst fog I have driven in in many years. I am just thankful for the warmer temps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Saundra, the penguin fits right in. You have been very busy with producing some lovely Christmas decorations. My favorite bauble are the blue and white ones. I love working with crochet as it's so quick. My Christmas decorations will be minimum again this year unless I change my mind, lol...

    Happy Decorating.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I love the penguin. I think you are right to include the penguin in the Nordic Christmas. I am thinking I should have a Nordic Christmas. ;-)
    I love your baubles too.
    Enjoy the nice weather.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved our weather! I swear, if I didn't have company coming in a couple of weeks, I'd at least start stuffing the guest room with Christmas things. The kids are coming (I think) the Saturday after TG and so I hate to get the tree up till after that (although the boys might have fun with that!) We'll see. First I get through the art sale; then the company. The decorating! I love the penguins. Doesn't Iceland have puffins? Or is that somewhere else, maybe Orkney. Anyway, they're cute and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The penguins are so cute! You did a great job! My Mom loved to crochet. I never learned how but I sure love your baubles! Those colors are all perfect and will sure fit anyone's decor. I just put up all my Thanksgiving decor and got all the Halloween put away. I'll do my Christmas decorating right after Thanksgiving. Of course I don't have 2 stores, and another job to keep me that busy! Enjoy your weekend. It's been super nice here and we're getting everything ready for Winter while we can outside. I even mowed today. Having temps in the mid 70's in Ohio in November is crazy! But not complaining!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The penguins are so sweet! And I agree, I hate to see old businesses disappear...the great memories you must have from the restaurant. I'll begin decorating after Thanksgiving...I try to give it it's due - but with a busy shop and business, you have to squeeze it in when you can! Hope all is well...loving this gorgeous weather...the fog Thursday morning was spooky, would have been perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a 'soft spot' , so to speak, about crochet works, as my late mother was very fond of crocheting. Your crocheted ornaments (blue and white/ red,grey and white) look lovely!
    I'm with you regarding Christmas decoration - 'the sooner the better'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.