Thursday, February 10, 2022

Sock Kitties

 Well it is now almost mid February.
Getting closer to Spring.
WOOHOO!
However we had a bit more snow today


This black blob is the makings of my sock kitty.
When I was stitching these,
I was reminded that my dad always wore
black dress socks to church on Sundays.
How I know is because one of my chores
was to fold clothes at home.
I used the same material that actual socks 
are made from to make these sock kitties.


I only had time to create 5 of these.
Each kitty has a different personality.
If you look closely at the above pic,
you can see my seam.
It would be hidden with the kitty's scarf.


These three pink ones have newer buttons


The 2 black ones have vintage button eyes.


I just simply love how these turned out!
Depending on the amount of stuffing added
to each one makes tilt to either 
the left or right.
They are available now at the gift shop.
Just in time for Valentine's.

Bob and I decided to shut down 
the gift shop on Monday's for now.
It is Winter and not much traffic this day.

Will be changing over to Spring tonight
at the store.
Well what I can that is.
Hopefully the rest of  my Spring inventory
 will arrive in time.
Especially when you have to purchase
months in advance.
But there is no supply shortage....
yeah right.

In other news around the homestead.
I have seen a total of 4 eagles now.
One in the tree,
while the others were on the ice.

A freighter got so badly stuck in the ice,
that it ended up sideways in the river.
One of the coast guard cutters had to tow it
back inside the break line they made in the ice.
I wish I could have seen it in person.
Was working the store at the time.
Several customers told me about it.

My daughter is doing a bit better.
The pick line may come out next week,
which is used for her meds to stop infection.
However they still want to do a MRA
to once again make sure she does not 
have a brain infection. UGH

Bob and I worked on our front windows later
this afternoon into the evening.
My theme is black and gold in the front one,
with somewhat of a garden one on the side.

Hopefully all is well in your neck of the woods.
Have a marvelous weekend my friends!

Sock Kitty Blessings To All!
Janice



 
 


16 comments:

  1. So sad your daughter is still having health problems. Am sure it is a worry for you and a complete demoralizing and frustrating problem for your daughter. I pray she gets back to normal SOON! Love your kitties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very frustrating. She has been dealing with this issue for so long now. Janice

      Delete
  2. I made those kitties a very long time ago but forgot all about them. I am so sorry your daughter is still struggling such a long haul.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to make some for Halloween too using orange instead of pink and red. Hoping my daughter finally gets better. Janice

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love sock kittehs!! I actually have a couple really old, old, ones...but many more of more recent descent. ;-) Yours are so sweet...how you thought of that many different ways to do their faces astounds me. I am looking forward to seeing your store set up for spring. I would have never thought of black and gold for spring...but I am certain you will make it work wonderfully. Snowing here as well...to be topped off with freezing rain I hear later tonight/tomorrow. Grrr... Hoping and praying the MRA shows a clean bill of health for your daughter. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could find an old one. Will do some in oranges for Halloween too! Well my black and yellow theme came about because I wanted to have some bees, so that's how I came up with the color combo. I added in some black and yellow throws, flowers and pictures. Janice

      Delete
  4. I was wondering about your daughter. Still praying for her. Those cats are cute! You are so productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers. She has been through a lot. Janice

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry that your daughter is still struggling with her health issues and hope that this next MRA will show no infection. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

    Your kitties are cute.

    Take care and stay well and safe.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your well wishes for my daughter. Hope your brother is doing better too. Janice

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the update on your daughter, I've been thinking about her and will keep her in my prayers. Your sock kitties are precious! Love the different expressions on their little faces. I'll have to look around for some old socks, I'm sure there is something in my "single" sock drawer! The little scarfs around their necks are charming too. And for sure there are supply chain issues, the store shelves are more bare and wood prices are back up again. The truckers protest isn't helping but I fully support their cause! Jan in MA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers. Hubby wears white socks, so I had to buy the sock fabric. Plan on doing some for Halloween too. I so support the truckers even though they are protesting along our border. Detroit is the busiest crossing between the US nd Canada. We also have a crossing a half hour North of us that they are protesting at too. Janice

      Delete
  7. What cute kitties! You always have some fun things to share. I'm glad your daughter is recovering but will continue to pray that all is well with her tests. We are still covered in snow but slowly melting and hopefully with warmer temps next week we will find the grass again! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! We had another 2 inches today and now the cold air comes in. So looking forward to Spring. Janice

      Delete
  8. I'm glad your daughter's pic is coming out -- I remember the great relief at saying goodbye to that one! And it's such a good sign. Thank you for the update. Your kitties are awfully cute. Do you make sock monkeys? If you do, I have some long monkey-type socks I'd be happy to toss into the mail to you. They're in my goodwill bag right now. Email me or tell me on my blog if you're interested. I was stuck on the ice yesterday. Can't imagine being stuck as a freighter -- a car was bad enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is happy it is coming out soon too. Being stuck on ice is no fun. I almost fell on it today. I think I will pass on the socks., but thanks for thinking about me. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.