Monday, February 14, 2022

February CupboardScape

 
Happy Monday friends.
So for today's CupboardScape,
I wanted to change things up.
It is all about our presidents 
George Washington & Abraham Lincoln.
I featured an item relating to one,
or the other, or both.
Your job is to see how well you know 
your presidents.
Answers revealed at the end of the post.
Here we go....


Who was famous for chopping down a cherry tree?


Who partook in the drinking of alcohol?


Who liked apples?


Who had a pet turkey?


Who like hoecakes?


Who was born in a log cabin?


Which president raised sheep?


Which president was this pattern named for? 


Which president smoked?


Who liked cats?


Who had a rose named after him?



Ok, now lets see which ones you got right.
Washington was supposedly the one who chopped
down the cherry tree, 
however this has never really been a fact.

Washington was the only president who drank.

Both Lincoln & Washington loved apples.


Who had a pet turkey?
Lincoln did. Actually it was his son Todd's.
They kept it at the White House.
When the Civil War started,
Lincoln allowed a voting booth to be placed
on the grounds for the soldiers.
The turkey rambled over to the soldiers.
Lincoln asked his son if the turkey wanted to vote.
Todd replied that his turkey was too young.  

Both presidents had a sweet tooth for hoecakes.

Lincoln was born in a log cabin.
Washington's parents were fairly wealthy and lived
in a house where he was born.

Washington raised sheep.


The pattern on the Aladdin oil lamp was
created from  the Lincoln swag
which was draped along his funeral train.

Washington smoked.
He also managed a tobacco farm
after his father's passing.

Lincoln loved cats.
Once someone asked Mrs. Lincoln
what the presidents hobbies were.
She replied  "cats"

Both had a rose named after them.


Well how many did you get correct?

I chose this display for my CupboardScape
because both President Washington
and President Lincoln were born in this month.
Hope you enjoyed.

In other news,
I saw another eagle on Saturday.
This time it was eating a duck in the tree.
His breakfast. 
I said before they follow the ducks,
and the ducks are in the river this time of year.

Bob and I also changed out the gift store on
Saturday night to Spring & Easter.
All of my handmades are in there now.
Still waiting on 3 more orders.
Hopefully they will come in before Easter.

The Canadian truckers have been protesting
at both of our borders here in Michigan.
I support them.
They were out there driving during the pandemic
before vaccines, 
and I believe they and everyone else
has the right to choose.

Well have to get to work.
Have a fantastic day!

Past Presidents Blessings To All!
Janice







28 comments:

  1. Interesting fun post. I had several right but didn't know about the cats, smoking and sheep. Or the lamp. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post, I did get some wrong. You are so creative with the post and the pictures to go along with them. Yes, I hope you get your orders too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got two orders this week. Still waiting on one more. Its most of my Easter so hoping it comes soon. Janice

      Delete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day.
    How ironic. In March of 2020 the &%#* Trudeau tweeted praising the truckers. Now he vilifies them. I totally support them. And gee...it has all been peaceful yet the liberal media are ranting about them. What is wrong with this picture? People can burn down cities and attack the police, yet these are peaceful protests according to the left. The summer of love. WTH!!!
    Aren't you sorry you set me off...lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. Trudeau is getting as bad as the the politicians over here. I agree, peaceful protests have to be burning businesses and robing folks. Janice

      Delete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day. ❤️

    A very creative vignette celebrating your past president. I was expecting to see a bag of peanuts, lol... I had never heard of hoecake and had to go look it up on google.

    I always knew that Washington had cut the cherry tree and now you tell me that it's never been a fact. 😕 lol...

    I support the Trucker Convoy for freedom. God help us.
    Those poor guys are sacrificing a lot for what they believe and Trudeau was too coward to go talk to them. Instead he invoked the Emergency Act. I am so ashamed of our Prime Minister and I'm sadden.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope the truckers get what they want. They so deserve it. The sad part is most of them drive alone, so who are they hurting. Janice

      Delete
  5. This is a great February post. I love the display for your CupboardScape. Yay for the truckers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the history lesson I'm sure these aren't taught in schools today about our presidents.
    Yes truckers have a point.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This type of history is probably no longer taught in school which is so sad. Janice

      Delete
  7. What a fun, educational post, Janice! Too bad there isn't more of this type of education in our schools. I did well on the quiz (but I'm a history buff...and am especially fond of President Lincoln)....but had no clue about the hoecakes LOL. And, yes....I think there's more support for that "fringe minority" out there. These days, many of us are identifying as Canadian truckers LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with the education our kids are getting. Yes I do identify with the Canadian truckers and the US ones. What is the harm when they drive by themselves for hours. Dont understand it. Janice

      Delete
  8. What fun questions. I had a mix right! I need to look up hoecats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did pretty good. I grew up in Illinois so Lincoln was always taught. I don't think we celebrate President's day unless it's a Pday sale at Kohl's! I'm not sure if the kiddos even get a day off for that anymore. So sad. Have a good Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for you! I always know when President's Day is because I get the day off. LOL Janice

      Delete
  10. I did not get all of them right. I thought only Lincoln liked the hoecakes! That was so fun, thank you! I feel so bad for the truckers. They did so much for the nations during the early days and until now, really. I support them. Let freedom ring, or honk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing along Holly! Yes both the truckers and healthcare workers. Such a shame. Janice

      Delete
  11. Let Freedom HONK... it breaks my heart as to what is happening.
    I was going to ask you if your area had any of the truckers.

    I enjoyed your President quiz. Goodness, I do wonder what George and Abe are thinking of what is going on here today.

    Continuing to PRAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes honk! I wonder how all of our forefathers and mothers are thinking right now. Its a shame what is happening right now. Janice

      Delete
  12. What a fun quiz...and I always get inspiration as you set up new scenes for the seasons/holidays. Thanks so much! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet comment Mary. So glad you love my posts! Its comments like yours that keep me going. Janice

      Delete
  13. Janice, this was a cute post and I always love seeing your collections. Do you think all that smoking turned his wooden teeth yellow? I'm glad the truckers are back on the roads. That must have really been a mess around your area. Hopefully, now you will get your deliveries in time for Easter..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe the smoking did turn his teeth yellow. Not sure. Still waiting on my big order for Easter. The rest came in now. Fingers crossed it comes soon. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.