Friday, April 9, 2021

Brown Beauties

 Happy Happy Friday!


Most of my primitive antiques are colorful.
I do have one small collection of early brown stoneware.


Early brown stoneware is not as collectible,
but I so love it!


Not much Easter decor was put out this year.
Bob was supposed to start on the kitchen,
so I did not want to drag it out 
to have drywall dust on it.
Well now Bob decided to wait until May 
when I have my 5 week vacation.
This way I can work the store,
while he does the kitchen.
MAYBE


If you noticed most of my brown stoneware
has a brown glaze on half the piece with 
just the stoneware on the other half.


I wish I could find more pitchers.
Notice the iridescence. 
If you see this, your piece is from the 1800's.
Without the iridescence, your piece is newer.


Even the inside has this.
So love this look up close.
It shines in the sunshine.


I know you have seen my sampler before.


Another early piece.


Not much of a Spring display...
but it does have bunnies!
These bunnies I keep out all year round
in different parts of the house.
I have a few more that are year round too.
I did had to move my stoneware out of the kitchen, 
so here is where it went.
Soon cabinets will be getting moved.
One will be moving right out of the house,
to be sold at our store.

The window person came last night.
We bit the bullet and ordered new windows.
Will not be installed until July....
this is the maybe part of our kitchen now.
Bob thinks he still can do part of the kitchen until
the windows get installed.
Me I am not so sure.
Always something.
Good thing about the windows was we
have zero percent financing for 5 years.
Since the windows were original to the house,
they were badly needed.
I may have to work another year though now.

Have you ever ended up paying for something that
was unexpected? 

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Brown Beauty Blessings To All!
Janice
















23 comments:

  1. I love the contrast of the white bunnies with your lovely brown stoneware. And yes, I think we've all had unexpected costs. The windows sound like a good deal, though, and will save energy-wise in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I bought it cheap for the era it was made! Great purchase. Janice

      Delete
  3. I don’t think I’ve ever seen crockery like that. It’s very cool. I collect yellow ware bowls. Seems like when we have one thing we have to unexpectedly cover we have 3. Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yellowware too! I love collecting! LOL Janice

      Delete
  4. My mother had many stoneware pieces with the iridescence you mention. Almost a mother-of-pearl overlay on the dark brown. Very unusual, and her had a definite blue tint to it. Lovely! Yes, we have had many an unexpected expense, both medical and house-wise. We moved into this house and immediately the sewer line collapsed, and with it all the funds I had hoped to use to pretty up the place. *sigh* And then...in quick succession, the stove, the dishwasher, the water heater, and the irrigation system. Oh boy. You will be glad of those windows, though. It made our house very quiet, and we had big savings on cooling and heating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mine does have a blue tint to it in the right light. Oh yeah your comment remined me of the time when both our dryer and refrigerator died at the same time. Janice

      Delete
  5. Your Brown wares looks very old and also the cabinet. The little white bunnies really speaks of spring.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old brown pottery is gorgeous. Brown would always be my number one choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many folks like the brown stoneware. I think thats why I was able to get it so cheap. Janice

      Delete
  7. This old brown pottery is very different from anything I have ever seen. I have a few crocks that have the brown on top with a grey bottom. They seem to be quite plentiful down here in Florida, but your color combo is unique. The small pitcher is especially charming.

    We have never ventured on some house project that didn’t have twists and turns and take much longer that ever anticipated. However, we were not doing the work ourselves so we were captives of the the worker’s schedules. I hope all of your plans will work as anticipated so that you will be able to enjoy your new kitchen without too much delay. I am really excited to see what you and Bob do with your space and how you arrange a 2021 kitchen to still be in keeping with your antiques and primitives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wish I could find another pitcher like this. Very rare. Janice

      Delete
  8. This old brown pottery is very different from anything I have ever seen. I have a few crocks that have the brown on top with a grey bottom. They seem to be quite plentiful down here in Florida, but your color combo is unique. The small pitcher is especially charming.

    We have never ventured on some house project that didn’t have twists and turns and take much longer that ever anticipated. However, we were not doing the work ourselves so we were captives of the the worker’s schedules. I hope all of your plans will work as anticipated so that you will be able to enjoy your new kitchen without too much delay. I am really excited to see what you and Bob do with your space and how you arrange a 2021 kitchen to still be in keeping with your antiques and primitives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to add as much primitive influence into the kitchen, but need to realize the re-sale factor in it too. So probably more prims un the decor than the finish. Janice

      Delete
  9. I don't have much pottery - one yellow ware with blue band bowl and one all blue bowl. So far. I don't have much space for display, my shelves are too stuffed with books. Thanks for the tip on iridescence and age on the brown pottery.

    Paying for unexpected things - oh yes, many times for not-fun things like appliances, car repairs/replacement, house & building repairs... why are unexpected fun things incurring large expenses so rare!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books can be collectable too! So agree with the unexpected expemses. Janice

      Delete
  10. We've gotten a few estimates for new windows and they are expensive but like you we will be biting the bullet this year too. We also have 2 bath updates to complete so any kitchen things will be on the back burner. Your bunnies shine along side your brown wares! Very cute! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did our bath redo about three years ago. Kitchen is the last thing in the house to do. Janice

      Delete
  11. Lovely pottery collection and quite interesting about the iridescence. Good luck with the kitchen project. Just keep your eyes focused on the final product.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.