Thursday, August 6, 2020

Treasure Trove Of Toys


Happy Happy Thursday!
Today I wanted to take you back in time.
A time where we played with toys.


Bob and I found a distributor of vintage toys.
Not made in China, but made in England.
We love how they package  
these toys in vintage boxes.


Peruse through these pics and
let me know if you may have recognized these.


Maybe you might even have a favorite.
I know my granddaughter Mikayla
sure loves these monkey Drums!



Magic Tricks upper left.
Clockwork Teeth upper right.
Whoopie Cushion lower left.
Kazoos lower right.


The Old Maid and Go Fish Cards are a fan favorite.
Also these Kaleidoscopes.
(We have had to order more)


Leap Frog, Chinese Checkers and Chess.


Spiromania, I-Spy and these fun bird heads.


Do you remember chunky little books.
Now they add a hole where the animal
appears on each page.


Pick up Sticks were a fav in our home.
So were Jacks.
My brother also had a wooden plane 
(middle left)


We also sell puzzle books.



When we first put up our toy display 
back in late June,
I had one lady customer come in 
and admire all of these toys.
She then commented to me that they were nice,
but no one will buy them.
I sure wish she would come back in to see
in fact folks do buy them....and they love them!
We had to order more and even expanded
the toy line.

Marbles
Marble Run Game
Binoculars
Compass
More magic tricks
Much more....

This company even has a Christmas line.
We plan on ordering more 
for the holiday season.
These make great gifts right now
and stocking stuffers
later on.

Toy Blessings To All!
Janice



 





25 comments:

  1. what wonderful toys. I loved seeing them. I know they will be big sellers in your store. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these games !!! They are so much fun !!! Great idea to carry those in your store !!! Cmas items would be Fun to see !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will show the Xmas items in Nov or Dec. Janice

      Delete
  3. Those toys remind me of the ones in Pollock's Toy Shop in London (one of my favorite magical places!) The packaging is part of the fun. I hope in another year or two our oldest will be ready for something like that. I hope that he doesn't skip board games and go video. Board games are such a learning thing -- very tactile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the distributor is out of England so maybe it is the same one. We love the packaging too! Janice

      Delete
  4. I love them and the fact that they are made in England a huge plus.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a huge plus being made in England. Janice

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your post on my blog and perhaps you'd like to do your own clam shell rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those products are awesome!!! I love things that are made in Europe!! Your shop is so cool! One day we'll make it up there! You always have great things....both you and Bob work so hard at making it the best shop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobbie! We are so excited to add all of our Halloween decor. Cannot wait! Janice

      Delete
  7. I would buy just because! Love the little books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved these little books as a kid and still do! Janice

      Delete
  8. I remember quite a few of these games from my childhood. Some of those packages would fit right in with my vintage games display I put out at holidays time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SQUEAL!!!!! I absolutely LOVE these Janice....they cannot help but be a hit....especially with children (and parents!) being home more these days and the holidays coming up in no time. We didn't have many games or toys growing up, but I do remember playing Old Maid and Go Fish when cousins got together. I see several I would snap up even though I have no littles to buy for anymore LOL. Fun, fun, fun!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old Maid and Go Fish are our best sellers right now. Thanks for your sweet comment! Janice

      Delete
  10. What fun...and I love that they were NOT made in China.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to buy the kaleidoscope!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kaleidoscope is 6.99 if you would like it, please send me your address and Bob can see how much shipping would be. Email is primsbythewater@yahoo.com. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.