Sunday, December 16, 2018

The First Noel


The Angels Did Say.


So you remember my stocking tree and Santa.


I decided I wanted to make another stocking.
Much larger.


The candy canes were chain stitched 
using red valdani. 


I love how they turned out.


Now for the holly berries,
I like to make a square first.


Then I cut my squares to make circles.


Perfect berries... each one a bit different.


Did you know Noel is the English synonym for
Christmas.


I used all wool to make my Noel stocking.
It was a pattern from a book I purchased.


Now what to put on each side?


Roses hips and white tallow berries.


Tied together with the same fabric as my
lil stockings.
So glad I was able to finish this.
My original plan was to make three stockings.
Looks like next year for the others.

It seems I never have enough time to
finish some things.

Do you have trouble finishing things? 

Noel Blessings To All!
Janice

12 comments:

  1. The stocking is awesome! love it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Krishna. I had fun making it! Janice

      Delete
  2. wonderful stocking and yes I have no idea where the time goes but there is never enough of it.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy. I was pleasantly surprised at how it came out, because I used different colors than the pattern had. Janice

      Delete
  3. what a wonderful stocking i do penny rugs myself so i know what a great job you did on it looks great with your tree every thing you do you do so well love your home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Would you mind adding your name at the end of your comment so I can properly thank you. Janice

      Delete
  4. Beautiful job on your stocking! Really lovely. Love all your Christmas toys too! So glad you stopped by! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jacqueline! Merry Christmas to you too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love working with wool and your stocking is amazing! You have a perfect Christmas Corner all decorated so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sandra. I love working with wool...especially this time of the year. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job, lovd the accents on each side as well. You have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have been busy. Even working the store more too for a bit. Janice

      Delete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.