Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Fives Come Alive

Happy Hump Day everyone....
and boy am I glad this week is almost over.
Thank you for your warm wishes for me getting better.
I believe it is our roller coaster 
weather here in Michigan that got me sick.
Once again temps went back into the 60's,
with severe thunderstorms last night into the wee
hours of the morning. 
Now the wind is howling and snow overnight is expected.

Once again I am going to talk about the 1  3  5 rule.
Most of my fives are showcased as a collection.   


Like this group of 5 quilts.


Or these 5 blue tick pillows.


Sometimes I group the same color family together.


But most of the time, I stick with collections,
such as the Graniteware.


Then there is my Yellowware Bowl collection.
(the 5th one on the bottom is in the shadows)

Hope this helps if you want to use collections of Five.

I prefer using three items or a combinations of 3.
Remember though...
don't decorate with two or four items and you will
decorate like a pro.

Settling in now for a cold Winter's night.
What will you be doing tonight?

The Fives Come Alive Blessings To All!
Janice


8 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better, i enjoy the pictures and tips to go with them. 🌷🌷🌼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful you are feeling better. I love seeing your collections and the advice on decorating. I recently added three pieces above my kitchen cabinets and I thought of you and your decor advice! I'll share photos soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that you are feeling much better! Thank-you for our decorating tips recently. Visuals are very helpful to me. Now you have me looking around my house and figuring out how to do things using the 1-3-5 rule. I am having fun re-thinking about placements that always seem out of synch but not really figuring out what else to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice,
    So glad you are feeling better! When I lived in MI and OH, I
    used to get the worst sinus infections, but don't seem to get them anymore! I always thought it was the weather changes!
    Thanks for the nice visuals and great info!
    Enjoy your week!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. See you soon Janice! Your booth always looks great and hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your collections Janice... Yes, weather is crazy here too.... down to 4 degrees tonight, but it said near 60 for next week. Better stock up on Kleenex LOL. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I notice that rule about flowers too. 2 and 4 just don't have pzazz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stack of quilts.. They are so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.