Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Morn Re-Visited

Good morning dear sweet friends!
Well Christmas came and went so fast at our home,
that I thought I would share a few pics
of Christmas morn at the old homestead.

It was a beautiful snowy morning...
for those of you who like the white stuff.
It was pretty as the snow stuck to everything.


A view of our wagon with the state land in the background.


Our new porch...complete with rails now.
Santa left my grandson a bike out on the porch.
Not sure why? But he loved it anyway!

Inside we were all toasty and warm.


Bob started a fire and it was nice!

The trees were all aglow.

I think the big guy liked his image sitting on this fine steed.

This Santa overlooked everyone as this small red dry paint cabinet
is perched about 10 feet high.

The dinner table was set.
Winterberry pattern dishes from Pfaltzgraff.
The glasses were a gift from my then 10 year old son.
He purchased them at Arby's.
For those of you who do not know what Arby's is.
It is a fast food roast beef restaurant.
He is now 30 and I still love them!

Dinner was unconventional.

Bob wanted to grill steaks for everyone.
We visited our local meat market and had them cut
a whole sirloin into steaks.
I made twice baked potato, corn and green bean casserole.
My mom made her homemade rolls and broccoli cheese casserole, 
thinking we were having ham.
It was yummy!

We did not tell anyone the dinner menu and they were all surprised.
The steaks must have been good, cause none were left.

Dessert was chocolate and cherry pie and my mom's homemade cinnamon rolls.

That sums up our Christmas day.
Presents were unwrapped and the grands spent the night.
Mikalya beat everyone in the Memory game.
Michael enjoyed his Kindle Fire.
Then they spent the next day sledding.

It was nice having the house filled with love and joy.
I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas like I did.

In my next post I will show you both my birthday and Christmas presents. 

Christmas Past Blessings To All!
Janice

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful Christmas celebration. The steaks look delicious. Your home is beautiful. I would love to know more about homesteading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janice what a wonderful Christmas....love the porch and enjoy seeing inside your cozy prim home, everything looked great including the menu, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow is really pretty. here in Alabama we rarely get any snow. Those steaks sure look good! 'Love the Pfaltzgraff dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun time! I am so jealous of the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fire looks so cozy! I bet the steaks were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice such a beautiful Christmas! Love your decor and the menu sounds yummy! Glad you all had a great time.Have a blessed 2014! Blessings,Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.