Tuesday, March 21, 2017

What I Adopted and Wool News


Greetings All!
Well I think today was my Monday.
Work was busy and then I drive all the way home,
and realize I left my purse in my desk.
GEEZ.
I hope the rest of the evening will be uneventful.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

I did manage to adopt (purchase)
a few things from the show last weekend.


Like this orange stone fruit piece.


Wonderful old basket...
more on this at a later post.


Plus this raw wool.
I have always wanted to hang some of this.
Now just have to decide to really hang it.
I hung it in the bedroom for now so as the kitties
would not start chewing on it...one never knows with them.  


Finally these child's shoes.
I fell in love with the color as soon as I saw them.
A girl cannot have enough shoes I say. :-)


Now for my wool news.
I decided a few weeks back that I had to hook this rug.
I found this picture of an antique rug on Pinterest
and immediately fell in love with it.
Don't you love Pinterest?
I bought my wool at the show.
One of the wool vendors were these
 wonderful couple from Missouri
They had gorgeous wool!


Well I drew it out my rug to look like the antique one.
{ a few mistakes in my drawing }
Will correct once I start though. 


Chose my wool colors.
{trying to duplicate the antique one}
Note to myself: Get rid of the gold and make 
center flowers a white. 


My blues.


Whites.


Blue Flowers.
{again gold has to go bye bye}


Hand cutting my worms and placing them in my
buttocks basket.
I love the sun shining through.

Well, just waiting for Bob to get home from the store,
then we are going out to eat.
I had planned on doing Zatarain's Jambalaya,
but when I pulled out the box, it was Spanish Rice.
My bad day just keeps going.
I don't think I am going to work on my rug tonight.
I may screw that up too!
Will show pics of my progress as I work on it.
For now this will be my last post for the week.
Have to get ready for our Breckenridge, MI
prim show this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Adoption Goodie Blessings To All!

Janice

8 comments:

  1. I just love your stone fruit. One of my favorite collections.
    Happy hooking :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. well the day is over and you didn't have to cook!
    love your finds.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stone fruits so beautiful..eager to see your finished rug.. XO...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rug is going to be gorgeous. I love your other finds too. Hope today will be a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of handmade baskets but never knew one was a buttocks basket. Guess I wasn't as much of a collector as I thought. I missed the show and looks like I will miss the next one too. I can only buy little things now due to space but love going. There have been a few craft shows here and one this weekend in Dearborn. I hope you sell lots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice,
    Love your new orange!! I found 2 recently but both were missing their stems so I passed on them!! Will keep looking though!! I love stone fruit, too!
    I also collect baskets so of course love your new one!!
    Wonderful shoes, too! You found some lovely items!
    Hope you enjoy working on your new rug and that you do well at the show!! Wish I could go!!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stone fruit is new to me, but your collection is quite lovely with a new addition of the orange! Love that old basket too. Baskets just always speak to me for some reason. I love them all.

    Your new wool rug pattern is going to be a beauty. I like the colors you chose and look forward to seeing the final project. How it will it be?

    Hope the end of your day settled down. I hate those crazy ridiculous days where you get niggled with one frustrating thing after another!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice...I'm going to have to get you down my way to go to some of these hook ins! You would love it!! I love your stone fruit! I just started a small collection myself. It's really hard to find! Glad you liked the little shoes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.