My Blog List

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Progress On Samplers

 I made progress on all six samplers.


This is where I left off with 
AB 1816 Quaker Sampler.


 Now finished the flower in the vase motif.


Floral Motif Sampler last month.


Completed the gray flower motif,
plus the red floral one just above.


Wrapped the border around
to the bottom now.
Am almost finished with the
ginger flowers.
Am loving the colors on this one.


For Faith 1831 I also finished
the left side border and am now
working on the bottom.
Also finished the large flower pot
with some grass underneath.


Next up is Mary Hill 1854.
This one is for my son Matt.


Hannah Ann Wallace 1850
This one is for my daughter Michele.


I finished the 1 over 1 secondary 
alphabet on the left.
Started on the right side.
Stitched the fruit bowl and heart.


Finally The Winter is Past.
This one will be for Bob and I.

Now that Sampler September is over,
will continue to put these in rotation
just on Saturday and Sunday now.

Now I want to focus on Fall/ Halloween stitches.

In other news,
today would have been 
my mom's 92nd birthday.
Happy heavenly birthday mom.

Monday I received a phone call from 
an assisted living place that I had checked
into over a year ago.
The girl called to tell me that had an opening.
Before She could go any further,
I notified her that my mom had passed.
I did not realize they had placed mom
on a waiting list.

Was outside on Monday watching
a chipmunk running all over the place.
It was really cute to watch...
and boy could he run.
 
Am also enjoying the Autumn weather.
70's during the day and 50's at night.
Some of the trees are now starting to turn.
Hopefully you all are also enjoying
this season.

Bob and I will be going to the market today.
He is hoping to get an eggplant to make
eggplant parmesan later. 

Sampler Blessings To All!
Janice



10 comments:

  1. Hmmm, maybe what I've made in the past is eggplant parmesan. I called it eggplant lasagna because I used the eggplant instead of noodles but all the other ingredients were probably the same. Now you're making me want some even in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely progress on all of your samplers, Janice! I"m always amazed at those of you who can juggle so many projects at once. I'm pretty much a monogamous stitcher. My favorite is The Winter is Past--it's been in my stash forever and I really hope to get it stitched over the winter in time for next spring. Happy October to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy October, it is just about here. :-)
    I will be over for dinner, eggplant Parmesan is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The samplers are all looking so nice. I love that you are doing one for your kids.
    Eggplant Parmesan sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday was so beautiful. Today, not so much! Those birthdays and occasion are a little tough the first few years, at least they were for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I lost the link you had given me for buying sewing and embroidery things thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been very productive. Great pieces.
    Happy heavenly birthday the firsts after you lose them are always the hardest.
    I love eggplant
    Carhy

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your stitching is so pretty!! I like them all. We love eggplant Parmesan!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all so incredibly beautiful! And some remarkable progress. I feel like a hopeless loser when it comes to stitching, hooking...basically everything. I think it's neat that you are doing yours and Bob's and the kids all at the same time. Our weather has definitely taken a turn toward more Nodian-like autumn....It's been foggy and drizzly all day...and feels cool and damp even though the temperature says it should feel warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stich work is amazing! We had a seasonably warm Mon. Tues. but today was drab and drizzly. Eggplant Parm sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.