Hello friends.
First I will show you everything
that came home with us.
Will share what happened below.
Leather Books
Pie Peel
For those who do not know what this is.
It would have been used in wood ovens
to place food in to bake and to take out
once cooked.
Hooked Chair Mat
I so loved the muted colors.
Not so much the original colors from the back.
Dried Pumpkin Gourd
I did see 2 original wallpaper boxes.
Each were over $500.
Too expensive for my blood.
The best item that came home
was one item I was truly hoping to find.
It was the only reason why we took the truck.
Was so thrilled when I found it.
There were three, but when I spotted
this one even Bob liked it best.
PERFECT
A Wonderful Early Red Prim Cabinet.
This is where we left it once we got
in that evening...
just before the rain came.
Now to our adventure.
We left our house at 7:30am.
I was driving.
I wont let Bob drive any long distances
because his left eye is still not 100%
from his stroke.
We stopped at Tim Horton's for
a quick breakfast...then we were off.
It would be a 3 3/4 hour drive.
At the Southern Michigan border
the first rainstorm hit.
Boy was it a doozy.
I continued to drive but slowed down.
I knew Southern Ohio was expecting
thunderstorms in the afternoon
and was hoping we would be back in Michigan
before it started.
Well this rain put us behind.
Then most of the Ohio turnpike
we encountered road work...
which lowered the speed I could drive.
More time lost.
Once I got off the turnpike,
I hit more rain.
UGH
We finally made it to Seville Antiques
at noon.
Was hoping to be there by 11:15.
Again it rained a bit while we were shopping.
Bob and a worker got the cabinet in the truck
and I made one more trip around to see if
I wanted anything else.
Bob came and got me and said we should go.
So we paid and off we went.
Next stop was El Patron Mexican restaurant
in town.
We love this restaurant.
By the time we got our food,
Bob was looking at the radar and said we should go.
We ate half our food and got carry outs.
When I hit the freeway,
the tarp started coming off.
I had to stop and Bob could not get it back
on the cabinet.
Now we really were in a time crunch
Plus now the cabinet was out in the open.
I was speeding most of the way back....
yes and glad I did not get pulled over.
We made it through Mansfield just before
the first thunderstorm went by.
Got on I75 and Bob said we might make it
in time before the storms hit Toledo.
But a storm was headed for Findley.
Well speed demon me once again made
it through both Findley and Toledo.
However once we got on I94 in Michigan
where we take this final freeway to get home,
there was a traffic jam.
EGAD man.
Now I was running out of gas.
UGH
We were on the freeway going through Detroit.
Bob thought we would make it.
I kept looking at the gauge...nope.
We needed to get off.
Unfortunately for us, where we got off,
the gas station was three miles from
the freeway and not in a very good neighborhood.
Bob went in to pay cash for gas,
while I stayed in the truck.
I sure did get the looks from everyone who walked by.
I felt very uncomfortable.
I knew we were not wanted here.
Bob felt the same.
He pumped the gas and we were off.
Thankfully no confrontations.
Me driving in a new truck in a place
where there were only old jalopies.
Just glad it was still daylight.
We got closer to home and Bob
looked at the radar once more.
Rain was headed towards our house,
so we stopped at a restaurant and had dinner.
Arrived home at 7:30 pm.
Safe, sound and no rain.
I thanked God.
A deer was in our neighbors yard
after pulling in.
We spooked him and it went off
running into the woods.
Grandpa Ed is leaving for Florida
for the Winter, so we had to go that day.
He watched Tundra for us.
No more cabinets will fit in our house now,
so no truck needed ever again.
In the morning Bob placed
the cabinet here for me.
Then the fun began...
...to be continued.
But wait...
On Friday I bought more prims.
Bob called me and said I might want
to go to this estate sale in town.
Well I went alright.
This is what I brought home
that day.
2 Wax Sealer Crocks.
These were the canning jars
in earlier times.
Also very rare to find and if you do
very expensive.
I got them for a song.
Wood bunny
Small pull toy horse.
What is it with me and horses?
Perfect for July 4th decor.
Well I may not have been able to
drive the antique trail this year,
but I sure did score last week.
Adventurous Blessings To All!
Janice

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.