Hello friends.
Today's cupboardscape will not
be as primitive as I usually do.
Am adding in items I took home
from mom's house.
Starting with this quail picture.
In the house we grew up in,
I loved hearing the quail sing.
One year Bob and I actually saw
a quail in our front garden.
It was so cool seeing it as I had not
seen a quail in decades.
My mom made this scarecrow.
She actually made lots of these to sell
at craft shows in the 1980's.
She made them in all colors and sold quite a bit.
She obviously kept one for herself.
Now I have it.
Will cherish it forever.
Added in some faux pumpkins in one
of my trenchers.
Again not much of a prim look
for my September display,
but I had to include the memories
for this month.
In other news,
tomorrow marks the 25th anniversary
of 9/11.
I can still remember that horrific day.
I was at work and several co-workers
yelled to turn on CNN as a plane
had hit the first tower.
I watched from my computer.
At that time we all thought it was an accident.
However watching the 2nd plane fly
into the next tower was terrifying.
I was numb.
How could someone fly a plane into
not one but two buildings.
I saw folks on the street staring up
at the flames coming out of both towers.
Everyone was in shock and disbelief.
I watched folks on the ledges making
the difficult decision to jump to their
death rather than be burned alive.
I watched as those folks fell.
It was so horrible.
Then it got worse.
A third plane hit the Pentagon.
Then the 4th was in the air.
Those passengers were heroes.
Taking control of that plane and crashing.
I dont remember getting much
work done that day.
I dont really think anyone did.
We all just kept watching the news.
Afterwards we Americans had so much
pride in our flag.
Folks had the flag flying on cars,
and it flew on our homes.
Days and even weeks after, I remember
firemen and police standing at traffic lights.
Most everyone stopped to donate money.
At a time of a tragic history, we were coming
together as a nation.
Now unfortunately we have a pathetic man
who said we all deserved 9/11.
This is the so called leader of the DSA.
How anyone could say we deserved 9/11
is abominable, revolting and simply shameful.
2977 victims died that day.
Remember the day.
We all must remember the day.
Remembrance Blessings To All!
Janice





I love your things from your mom, they are precious and full of memories. Several years ago we had a quail family in our garden and it was so fun to see, but they haven't come back.
ReplyDeleteI remember the same things as you from 9/11. Such a horrible thing. And I also feel we've lost so much love and pride in our country, I remember all the flags flying afterward. People back then would be appalled at what's happening now.
So, your mom had craft talent too - not surprised.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend - who has a family member - younger - that says
9-11 didn't happen. Can you imagine? We need to teach it to our children.
Glad you found one of your mother's handmade items, guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
ReplyDeleteI get choked up even trying to talk about those brave souls on the plane who decided its fate and subsequently ending theirs. Sadly I'm not so sure our beloved America is any safer with some of the radicals running for office. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
It was a sickening day. It still gets to me when I watch it now. Those poor people. I sure won't ever forget. Sad we have a generation who were too young to experience it and now are listening to lies, as their truth.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this post. It’s so lovely to have your mother’s things, so many memories you can actually see and enjoy. ♥️
ReplyDeleteI’m afraid 25 years ago will be forgotten and dismissed by certain groups today. Shame on them. It was beyond comprehension and it was horrific. SO much loss and so much grief.
May we never forget. xox, Virginia